• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi Going Green

tangerine

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this in!

Much as I usually think Levis US is clueless, I like this development.

A natural colored canvas “Levi’sÂ
00ae.png
” tab and “Two Horse Patch” made from 100% organic fabric as well as natural colored pocket stitching of the brand’s famous arcuate will also indicate the jeans are made from organic cotton. All external packaging will be made from organic fabric or recycled paper and printed with soy-based ink.
I think this is great marketing.

I hope the jeans are well-made.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For a second I thought I was going to be able to buy green levis. Like Mr. Green Jeans.

captainkang12.jpg

tangerine

Reaction score
^ not yet, but you can buy green tea-dyed Sugar Canes if you want!

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
Biggest gimmick ever, how in the world is organic cotton any different whatsoever than normal cotton.

The premium STF could be fun, the previous sanfordized slevedge was nice.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not. The point is sustainable agriculture, not higher quality fabric. In this case, though, Levi's doesn't give a **** about sustainable agriculture so much as it cares about appealing to the vanity of rich "eco-liberals".

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
It's not. The point is sustainable agriculture, not higher quality fabric. In this case, though, Levi's doesn't give a **** about sustainable agriculture so much as it cares about appealing to the vanity of rich "eco-liberals".

Exactly, hence the gimmick. Sustainable need not be organic either.

Who wants to bet they'll make the denim slubbier to give a more "natural" appearance?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrojanGarb
Sustainable need not be organic either.
I would disagree with that.
Originally Posted by TrojanGarb
Who wants to bet they'll make the denim slubbier to give a more "natural" appearance?
That is probable, actually, and silly as it is, I wouldn't mind a change from ubiquitous light-blue-monotone-textureless denim.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are supposed to be natural indigo too. lets see what they cost, but it could be a good alternitave to some of the sky high AI jeans out there.

implicit

Reaction score
gimmick or no, the move into sustainable processing is a positive one.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, you are cynical from all sides.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
In this case, though, Levi's doesn't give a **** about sustainable agriculture so much as it cares about appealing to the vanity of rich "eco-liberals".

But that's the only way such things will ever really happen.

rnrswitch

Reaction score

Maybe they could make them out of oil, money, and kitty cat fur to appeal to the vanity of the rich neoconservatives (neofascists).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads