Levels of dress.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrprlover, Nov 20, 2003.

1. mrprlover

mrprlover Senior member

Alright fellas...Im in the process of semi-cleaning out my closet. I need to get rid of some things and make room for my jeans. Â [​IMG] Â (My college days are slowly coming to an end and Im trying to plan accordingly.) Where do the different tops fall in terms of dressy/classy-ness? More specifically, which top is applicable to which environment or situation? I have a very good idea but I never really thought about it. I just put it on (or imagine it together) with pants and go from there. In general: Regular T-shirts (crew or v-neck). I can't believe some cost in the $100s. long-sleeve T-shirts (crew or v-neck). Polos (short/long-sleeve) Sweaters - in particular the thin merino wool and cashmere ones. Also...the T-shirt-esque tops that are sometimes made of merino wool or rayon, which many rock as muscle shirts (which I hate BTW)? They are also the ones people like to wear under a suit (which, respectfully, IMO, is rather easy and requires little thought or creativity, which I also dislike though some can pull it off. What are they called?) Short-sleeve button-up Long-sleeve button-up (If they have loud logos then that would change things also. That's not my style but to each their own. I know that today there are no set rules and it's a do-your-thing attitude, where you see celebs sporting Dior T-shirts, jeans and blazer to any of various awards event...but on a normal scale, how do they each stand?) If I missed anything, which I might have, please add it in. Thanks.