Letting out a jacket in the back

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amirrorcrackd, Mar 19, 2006.

1. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

I have a jacket that I'd like to get altered, though I'm not sure I can. It is the slightest bit snug across the shoulder blades. Can this double vented jacket be let out in that area?

Also, it is made of a silk/wool (over 80% silk) blend. Is this likely to leave a crease?

Thanks,

Dan

2. pgoat

pgoat Senior member

Not sure about the crease with that fabric; i will say I had an oxxford ebay find let out there and it fits much much better. It was a snug 44 and I am between a 44 and 46, and it really helped. But proceed carefully.........

3. Horace

Horace Senior member

I have a jacket that I'd like to get altered, though I'm not sure I can. It is the slightest bit snug across the shoulder blades. Can this double vented jacket be let out in that area?

Also, it is made of a silk/wool (over 80% silk) blend. Is this likely to leave a crease?

Thanks,

Dan

I'm sure someone will come along who knows what from what -- but I'd say that for RTW at least, it's pretty key that it fits the shoulders well from the start. For a better fit, I've had the material just below shoulder at deltoid let out in the side-panel with nary hitch, and for very little money.

4. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

Peppino in NYC did this for me on a Polo suit once. It worked out well and seemed a routine alteration to him.