Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Letting out a jacket in the back

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amirrorcrackd, Mar 19, 2006.

1. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

I have a jacket that I'd like to get altered, though I'm not sure I can. It is the slightest bit snug across the shoulder blades. Can this double vented jacket be let out in that area?

Also, it is made of a silk/wool (over 80% silk) blend. Is this likely to leave a crease?

Thanks,

Dan

2. pgoat

pgoat Senior member

Not sure about the crease with that fabric; i will say I had an oxxford ebay find let out there and it fits much much better. It was a snug 44 and I am between a 44 and 46, and it really helped. But proceed carefully.........

3. Horace

Horace Senior member

I have a jacket that I'd like to get altered, though I'm not sure I can. It is the slightest bit snug across the shoulder blades. Can this double vented jacket be let out in that area?

Also, it is made of a silk/wool (over 80% silk) blend. Is this likely to leave a crease?

Thanks,

Dan

I'm sure someone will come along who knows what from what -- but I'd say that for RTW at least, it's pretty key that it fits the shoulders well from the start. For a better fit, I've had the material just below shoulder at deltoid let out in the side-panel with nary hitch, and for very little money.

4. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

Peppino in NYC did this for me on a Polo suit once. It worked out well and seemed a routine alteration to him.