• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's Talk Maison Martin Margiela

bob99

Reaction score
I live in Canada, where there are no authorized sellers of Maision Martin Margiela menswear. So the only stuff that I've seen is online. I bought a pair of the High-Top sneakers in black leather from Germany, and I'm eagerly awaiting their delivery. I also have one of the AIDS t-shirts, in light grey with silver lettering.

I'm more of a casual dresser, but I like what I've seen online. There are a lot of interesting pieces that are unique in design, and I'm going to definitely pick up a few more.

I like the "four-corner stitched" look of the tag on the back of the shirts, but I think it looks goofy and out of place on the pants.

What casual Martin Margiela pieces have you picked up lately? Where do you usually buy it? Does everyone pay retail for this stuff, or do you mostly buy from yoox etc.?

Let's discuss!

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two different plain navy wool margiela crewnecks because they are the perfect weight to throw on and go out for everyday wear.

fungz0r

Reaction score
I'd also liek to know where people kop their MMM gats, been looking for a simple white pair, and preferable a painted pair. How do they fit?

eternaldrake

Reaction score
How is the durability on their sneakers? I was also looking to getting a pair of their black leather high-tops, I'm worried about how long theyll last though because I've heard some comments that MMM sneaks tend to disintegrate

bob99

Reaction score
The Margiela webstore doesn't ship to Canada, unfortunately. At least they have a full selection. Most of the online shops have a really small sampling of the collection, and sizing is limited. I wonder what the production numbers are like for these shoes? I haven't been able to find the green high-tops in my avatar anywhere (in my size, at least.)

Thanks for the link to Ssense, my only comment is that prices seem pretty high. $170 for the current season AIDS shirt is expensive, it was 45 euros shipped from Germany. $690 for high-tops is also high, they're $530 at the NYC MMM store, and the currencies are at par. (Plus, those light-blue high-tops are from last season and on clearance everywhere else I've seen them.)

And if Jay-Z raps about it, you know it has to be good
smile.gif
I'm waiting for Lanvin to pop up in his next track.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of MMM dress slacks in a light, blue-tinged grey. Lovely feel, no visible four corner stitching from the outside

It also has the MMM crotch buckle that oft draws enquiries, to which I respond that it's a signifier of my taste for rough sex

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Heard it's **** now iono.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads