• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's talk about squatting!

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight at a very questionable establishment I came to know a man who is a squatter. I don't mean to imply that he is an athlete or someone who pisses unusually, he's just sort of like a resourceful hobo type, for the sake of clarification. He had a seemingly palsied face and a positive demeanor. He also had backpatches, so I assume he has some sewing skills.

Have any of you been squatters previously? Do you have any amusing tales?

jett

Reaction score
I've known some squatters. Many of them are anarchists trying to put theory into practice. I'm sure if there are any posters here from Europe they can tell you lots of stories about squatters, many European nations have large squatter movements that are well organized and have done some pretty amazing things.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While I have never squatted anywhere--be it a toilet or otherwise--the most essential question remains: how do they shave properly?

But then I do imagine most contemporary anarchists have an inclination towards the scruffy sides of things. However, surely when their women go down to perform, they like something less Bushmen and more Brazilian?

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did live out of my car for a bit once, which is likely the closest I'll come to modern prefab housing for a while. I managed to do it fairly luxuriously due to the ease of exploiting the infrastructure of things like college campuses. In those days I surely dressed better.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upon further reflection, this is more ideally suited for the Fine Living forum. My mistake, gents! Any moderators inclined to whisk Mario to another world may feel free to do so.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Does that make you the modern figural representation of Jesus?

I do have messianic tendencies (sometimes I bleed uncontrollably without clear cause).

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
I do have messianic tendencies (sometimes I bleed uncontrollably without clear cause).
I'd suggest cranberries for the urinary tract, but like many ersatz squatting "shamans", I can't claim it works.

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
Being a UT Austin alumnus, I've often marveled at how accomodating a large university campus can be. They're truly underrated as the go-to place for the resourceful hobo: there are plenty of couches, free food everywhere, there was even a gym with shower facilities in the football stadium (RLM for any other Longhorns on here), and if you're so inclined, tons of things to steal.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of a friend once drank shamanic herbs that he had ordered from the back of some sort of magazine. I believe they may have been mixed with Kool-Aid, though I cannot verify the flavor. Apparently they just have him a headache. I wouldn't be surprised if that kid's a squatter now.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I squat when I take dumps on Margaret Thatcher's chest. It's a weekly thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads