• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I‘m currently having an espresso set-up only but in the next months a new grinder with the possibility of pour over will arrive. Now I’m looking for some good looking equipment, which is needed for pour over.
The kettle I guess will be Fellow kettle. I’m unsure about v60 or Origami and which can. What are you using ? Mainly digging the scandi look so rather clean.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@StartingStyle Lots of good looking dripper out there. I've been using a white ceramic V60 for years and think of it as a design classic. I think the 600ml carafe from Hario as a set with the dripper looks great, as the two compliment each other by balancing the angles and visual weight... but mostly mine just goes straight onto my morning mug.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@edinatlanta Been using the Shardor and liking it a lot. So convenient. Still exploring optimal coarseness setting for my French Press, but it’s great. Thx

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@edinatlanta Been using the Shardor and liking it a lot. So convenient. Still exploring optimal coarseness setting for my French Press, but it’s great. Thx
I've been following Hoffman's recipe for French press. Just put it in the middle. Haven't seen any reason to change it.
Today I used the leftovers of two bags for my FP. And I am sad there is no way to recreate this. It is pretty complex despite being old. Has that sort of chocolatey syrupy flavor you get when beans get a bit old but still good.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with Sweet Bloom.

EA44A438-974B-47D8-9A26-FEA6856CA326.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stopped at push x pull. Bought the last bag they had of this. It is so aromatic i am not convinced there is some flavoring added. Also not sure if this isnt getting close to beers that have like three or four fruits or whatever added. Like is that still beer? Im wondering if this is still coffee or something kind of different. It is still phenomenal. Used my fellow dripper and the pulse agitation method. I am getting lots of passionfruit and a nice tanin like finish.

At the shop i had a rwandan espresso and a natural ethiopian.
20230630_100816.jpg
20230630_100456.jpg
20230630_101309.jpg

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped at push x pull. Bought the last bag they had of this. It is so aromatic i am not convinced there is some flavoring added. Also not sure if this isnt getting close to beers that have like three or four fruits or whatever added. Like is that still beer? Im wondering if this is still coffee or something kind of different. It is still phenomenal. Used my fellow dripper and the pulse agitation method. I am getting lots of passionfruit and a nice tanin like finish.

At the shop i had a rwandan espresso and a natural ethiopian. View attachment 1984531 View attachment 1984533 View attachment 1984535

You're in Portland?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
First time to have beans from George Howell
GH.jpeg

Reactions: A Y

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time to have beans from George Howell
Enjoy! They're one of my favorite roasters: the Kenya Mamuto AA and AB coffee are among their best offerings without being crazy expensive.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Enjoy! They're one of my favorite roasters: the Kenya Mamuto AA and AB coffee are among their best offerings without being crazy expensive.
brewing, espresso or both?
Only doing pour over at present.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads