• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
capsule coffee-makers they call them I believe, and, at the risk of being stoned, I remember that the coffee from them was surprisingly decent. I think I liked Lavazza more than Nespresso though, but it's been ages...
Lavazza is very limited with their choices though. It's like two regulars and a decaf. I think the mouthfeel of Lavazza is good but the overall nespresso is better

SophieWaggner83

Reaction score
I used to love just American - without milk and sugar. Immediately, I switched to a coffee filter, an incredible discovery that made me look at coffee anew. A real pleasure
But since it's autumn now, I love drinking hot herbal tea with pumpkin.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
You still need to froth and steam the milk, so a steam wand isn't that unusual.

It makes sense for a home maker i suppose. With no need for a grinder or bean freshness worries.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reactions: A Y

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This coffee is silly expensive, but it's one of the most delicious coffees I've ever had when they had it earlier this year:

It's sweet, medium-heavy body, with clove and fig notes, all beautifully balanced. I ordered again this time around, but there's very little left, so don't hesitate if you want to try it.

MartinWill1989

Reaction score
I love coffee, especially the filter. For me, the main thing in coffee is that there is no milk and sugar. Otherwise it is no longer coffee

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love coffee, especially the filter. For me, the main thing in coffee is that there is no milk and sugar. Otherwise it is no longer coffee

<sips a hot cup of french press non-coffee beverage w/evap. milk & sugar>

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a former commercial coffee roaster I agree with this statement with some parameters. One, it has to be freshly roasted coffee from either yourself or a local roaster. Starbucks only has a handful of roasting facilities in the US to support all of their thousands of locations, so that means anything they sell is not freshly roasted. This would explain why many find Starbucks coffee to taste harsh...because basically it's stale coffee (or close to it). Two, it has to be freshly ground. Coffee beans contain oils that give them its nuances and complexity; once they are introduced to heat (roasting), they crack which thus starts the degeneration process (oils starts to escape). This is also true for #1. Starbucks claims to use freshly ground coffee, but that makes no difference if the coffee that they are using are already (or close to) the end the life cycle. In either case if it tastes a little rough, I will only add a little raw sugar to take off said roughness. It's not a contest to see how tough you are, that's not even the case with fine whiskey, so you score no points with me if you feel you have to muscle your way through something that is meant to be enjoyed.

All that being said I have no problem with anyone who puts any kind of milk or sugar in their coffee. It's a you thing.

Old Red

Reaction score
Always start my day with a french press cafe au lait. Then I may go black or with cream. Guess I'm bi-lactose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads