• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Coffee is a beverage with a bitter flavor prepared from the roasted seeds of the coffee plant.Green coffee is one of the most traded agricultural commodities in the world.Coffee can have a stimulating effect on humans due to its caffeine content.it is one of the most consumed beverages in the world.

csb1.jpg

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no it's about one scoop of beans for every cup that is about 30ml volume

Makes more sense, thanks. I thought you referred to the measure of "one cup".

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting info about the moka pot. I understand it's probably not the best method, but it tastes like a step up from a French Press to me. I'll have to look into an entry level machine at some point...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Interesting info about the moka pot. I understand it's probably not the best method, but it tastes like a step up from a French Press to me. I'll have to look into an entry level machine at some point...

No way, french press imo is the best brewed coffee, then some sort of pourover. Nothing beats a grail espresso shot though.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

i like both the stovetop mokka and the french press, i don't think i'd say either is superior but both are good and distinct from one another. turkish/greek/arabic method is my favorite because of the extra flavors but it's not an every morning thing of course. more for enjoying the taste

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the turkish greek arabic method I don't even think should be compared to brewing methods we are talking about. When you add spices and such to something you are changing it completely. Different drink. It is like comparing a Frapaccino to French Press. Stripped down to just the coffee portion of it, it is kind of ****** burnt grounds coffee. That is why it needs all of that extra stuff.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
er...i don;t disagree they are very different, but that's why i also made the distinction that it's not an every day thing. but if you're drinking burnt grounds then i don't know who made it for you but i grind espresso beans right before use and they are subjected to boiling water for maybe 30 seconds, not really burning anything. and all that extra stuff = sugar and a few cardamom seeds , not much different than sugar + dash of milk...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To my taste buds grounds in boiling water for 30 seconds tastes burnt.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
to your taste buds starbucks is acceptable and gas station coffee is some base level so i guess we should agree to disagree :p

Last edited:

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No way, french press imo is the best brewed coffee, then some sort of pourover. Nothing beats a grail espresso shot though.

i like both the stovetop mokka and the french press, i don't think i'd say either is superior but both are good and distinct from one another. turkish/greek/arabic method is my favorite because of the extra flavors but it's not an every morning thing of course. more for enjoying the taste

I think it's more the novelty of making my own espresso, as opposed to regular coffee (slightly burnt though it might be). Unfortunately, my wife doesn't share the sentiment. Espresso makes her :bounce2: and she doesn't know how to make coffee. Oh well....

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new setup:

The d'ANCAP cups are great! Get some!

espresso (Palermo): 70ml, 7mm, narrowing rim for more comfortable sipping.

Quote:

How do you like that Rancilio?

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you like that Rancilio?

See last page. I like the Silvia a lot so far. Easy to handle. Good steam power for one (or two) cappuccos. If you're interested in preparing your own espresso (and I can tell you it's 1) more fun and 2) much tastier than nespresso), it's a good way to start. The grinder (Mahlkönig/Baratza Vario Home v2) is great. Rather mid-end than low-end (375€ as opposed to 130€ for a Graef CM80), but I got the Silvia v3 and Vario v2 in a bundle for 650€ (pretty good offer: the Silvia normally costs 475€, the Vario 350€ -> 825€). Will sell my Nespresso in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads