• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you fired them up yet?
I bought a Stagg Dripper and have really enjoyed it the three times I've used it. Went with the recipe on the box which is fine. I've noticed the coffee it produces is super super hot.
My lineup makers are: Nespresso Inissia, Aeropress, Hario Switch, Stagg, Baratza Encore at home. Nespresso virtuo line at the office.

Yes, still dialing everything in ATM. When you first posted I thought to myself; “this dude done confused my post here with the bourbon thread…Stagg”

Then I looked up ur Stagg Dripper NOT George T. Stagg bourbon…lol

I am currently running aforementioned grinder/espresso machines but also have a Delonghi ESAM 3300 and a Bodum French Press

Cheers!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was in Whole Foods a few weekends ago. Needed some coffee and saw that this was roasted the day before. I've usually been underwhelmed by Docent but man...even by the standards of an Yirgachefe this is super blueberry and floral. Been making in my Stagg Pour Over. Ground in the middle setting on a Shardor grinder bought off Amazon. I've been super impressed with these beans and the grinder TBH. It probably performs better than my Encore at less than half the price. Plus, I can turn it on and it knows when to turn off. The Stagg is excellent. Really good performance, probably prefer it to either the Aeropress or Switch.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_5820.jpeg
My Ground Hog Day morning...
Beans from Moon Goat coffee, Aeropressed with a third Kirkland Irish Cream, and Dark Side of the Moon playing.
It works.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case any American coffee enthusiasts are curious what Tim Wendelboe's coffee is like, Fellow is offering it for a pretty reasonable price ($17/250g or around $30/lbs). I had known of his reputation for a while, and that he also liked really light coffee, but this coffee really surprised me.

It's about as light as many US specialty coffee roasters, so it wasn't crazy light, and the coffee itself is very sweet, very juicy with dark red fruit (cherries?) notes in a smooth, medium to heavyish body all balanced with no crazy things sticking out. This is totally not what I expected, but I was very happy as it falls in line with what I think coffee should ideally be like.

Mine was roasted around the middle of April and I got it two weeks later, but I don't think this will materially affect it in any bad way.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In case any American coffee enthusiasts are curious what Tim Wendelboe's coffee is like, Fellow is offering it for a pretty reasonable price ($17/250g or around $30/lbs). I had known of his reputation for a while, and that he also liked really light coffee, but this coffee really surprised me.

It's about as light as many US specialty coffee roasters, so it wasn't crazy light, and the coffee itself is very sweet, very juicy with dark red fruit (cherries?) notes in a smooth, medium to heavyish body all balanced with no crazy things sticking out. This is totally not what I expected, but I was very happy as it falls in line with what I think coffee should ideally be like.

Mine was roasted around the middle of April and I got it two weeks later, but I don't think this will materially affect it in any bad way.
Client from London brings me a couple bags from Wendelboe whenever we meet. Every bag has been great and easiest coffee to dial in of all the coffees I've tried. Enjoyed them all and would recommend.

Tempted to order but have so much coffee to finish at present.

Reactions: A Y

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@A Y
What grinder do you use for filter/pourover?

Just pledged KS for the Timemore 078.
Hope it's as good as the hype and a step up from my current grinder.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@A Y
What grinder do you use for filter/pourover?

Just pledged KS for the Timemore 078.
Hope it's as good as the hype and a step up from my current grinder.
I use an Orphan Espresso Apex which is a ghost burr grinder, but if a coffee is too crazy, I use a Comandante C40 Mk IV, which doesn't amplify flavors as much as the Apex.

The 078 looks fantastic especially with the turbo burrs which seem to be somewhat related to ghost burrs, and I've been tempted by the gen 2 Ode as well, but I'll stick it out with my hand grinders for now.

FWIW, I brew with Hario V60 with no. 2 filters, and Tricolate, alternating between the two methods. I'm looking forward to the Next Level Pulsar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads