• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lets talk about COFFEE

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need to even be close to that pricey

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggestions (under 2k) for a goose neck electric pour over kettle.
The bonavita has good reviews on review sites and on Amazon

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Piobaire

It probably matters how much coffee you're making. If you're making single cups the Bonavita is nice. I have one that is 10 years old and there is some leaking that is starting where the spout meets the body. I got my girlfriend an OXO cordless, which is much larger with a wider mouth to pour faster and a larger amount of water. It is better if you're making multi-cup French Press coffee, or a larger amounts of coffee.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ordered a gooseneck Corsori this morning.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've already ordered the kettle, but in case anyone else is wondering, I like Fellow's kettle. Not the most expensive one with the silly Bluetooth integration (EKG+), but the next one down (EKG).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
First morning with pour over coffee. Kicking myself in the ass for not doing this decades ago. The difference in richness and depth of flavour is several magnitudes.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First morning with pour over coffee. Kicking myself in the ass for not doing this decades ago. The difference in richness and depth of flavour is several magnitudes.
It's really is awesome. And it's the best for light and medium roasts

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What brewing device are you using?
Next biggest impact on coffee flavors will be with the grinder you use. Huge/deep rabbit hole. I have 6 grinders now.

Last edited:

ixk

Reaction score
I don't drink coffee or tea, that's how ahead of the game I am.
Any other redbull fanatics?

vdubiv

Reaction score
I gotta get off this damn website, I was looking into pour over set-ups today bored at work, been reading through this thread.

Though I have been in the market for a while for a proper espresso set-up, just don't feel like spending the money for another novelty item to take up counter top space

supermang

Reaction score
I gotta get off this damn website, I was looking into pour over set-ups today bored at work, been reading through this thread.

Though I have been in the market for a while for a proper espresso set-up, just don't feel like spending the money for another novelty item to take up counter top space
Then invest in a quality hand grinder which can be very useful for portable pourovers aswell. I suggest looking into the Kinu M47 or its cheaper variants (which will give you pretty much the same grind quality).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.