Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lets talk about COFFEE

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Flambeur, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Phrost

Phrost Senior member

Anyone have experience with Happy Mug Coffee? They're more affordable than most online roasters and their shipping is only $3 up to 3 lbs I think. They sell 1 lb and 1/2 lb bags, which is nice. Where the hell did the trend for 12 oz bags come from?

What would you recommend for an Aeropress? I think I like medium roasts and am interested in trying coffees with fruity sweet notes that people love.

2. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Is anyone using a manual lever espresso machine for their coffee fix? I'm thinking about picking one up, but hesitant as I have read that they have a steep learning curve and can be inconsistent.

On the other hand, being in control of temp, pressure, etc. appeals to the control freak in me.

Any feedback from users?

3. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

4. A Y

A Y Senior member

I'd try increasing the extraction. 16g to 18g does that slightly, but you may want to try more drastic measures. I'd probably grind finer and see how that goes.