• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

joshuadowen

Reaction score
New arrivals:

Install won't be done until the middle of next week. Will post better pics then.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
For a moment there, I thought it was a slayer. Still a very nice machine. Do let us know your impressions.

joshuadowen

Reaction score
For a moment there, I thought it was a slayer. Still a very nice machine. Do let us know your impressions.

The first image is a Slayer. The second is an Alpha Dominche Steampunk. Both nice machines. I've only played with them during training sessions, so I'm really looking forward to getting them installed and having more time on them.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
That's a hell of a setup there.

Home or commercial use?

If commercial, please do let me know so I can make a note to stop by if I am ever nearby.

joshuadowen

Reaction score
That's a hell of a setup there.

Home or commercial use?

If commercial, please do let me know so I can make a note to stop by if I am ever nearby.

We are opening a few cafes around the South. These machines are for our training lab (which happens to be downstairs from my apartment, so semi-home use?). I'll PM you details as I don't want to get flamed for using this thread to plug my company.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is from a coffee shop I frequent when in Dallas

This is too. They only use levers/ Three group Bosco is the one they use daily

Last edited:

joshuadowen

Reaction score
I really like the Boscos, but I wouldn't want one in a retail setting. They are a lot of work for really high volume output.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This isn't a high volume place. Only open Tuesday to Friday from 7AM to 11AM, Saturday till 2PM. No paper cups, so no coffee to go. If you want to take it with you, bring your own to go cup. This place is sort of relaxing and enjoyable to hang out. I never feel hurried or am in a hurry when I go there.

They are mainly a roaster and this is the retail/public side of their business, sharing the same building.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fried my Baratza Maestero Plus right when I turned it on here in Melbourne .. didn't know there was a voltage difference :embar:

Any locals that can recommend coffee places in the conservative business dress, espresso or drip. Going to go to little bean blue next

Last edited:

joshuadowen

Reaction score
This isn't a high volume place. Only open Tuesday to Friday from 7AM to 11AM, Saturday till 2PM. No paper cups, so no coffee to go. If you want to take it with you, bring your own to go cup. This place is sort of relaxing and enjoyable to hang out. I never feel hurried or am in a hurry when I go there.

They are mainly a roaster and this is the retail/public side of their business, sharing the same building.

Cool. That makes sense. There's a place near us in Seattle that has a Bosco. They are mainly a food place so the coffee volume isn't too high. They pull some really lovely espresso.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You live in Seattle but opening coffee shops in the southern US? Like where will you open?

Last edited:

joshuadowen

Reaction score
Live in Seattle part time. Currently opening in New Orleans, Birmingham, and Chattanooga.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some of the best espresso I have had was in the Greenwood and Ballard sections of Seattle, IIRC. Loved it there.

ReversoLover

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm pretty new(ish) to SF and the coffee game - so far have been using a French press, but a few weeks ago took the leap on a Chemex set up (gooseneck kettle and all). Any other Chemex fans here??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads