• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do they sell press glass containers for a decent price? I just broke one and it galls me to spend $20 on a replacement.

lefty

My answer to that question was buying one of these. It's expensive, but looks a lot nicer on the counter and it's never going to break. The insulation keeps the temperature more constant too, although I don't know if that really matters.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do they sell press glass containers for a decent price? I just broke one and it galls me to spend $20 on a replacement.

lefty

hmmm, i only get filters there & it will be 6 months or so before i need more. will try to remember to check...

shibby3253

Reaction score
My answer to that question was buying one of these. It's expensive, but looks a lot nicer on the counter and it's never going to break. The insulation keeps the temperature more constant too, although I don't know if that really matters.

That would be beautiful on my counter, although I think i am just too cheap to spend almost $100 on a french press. Tempting though...

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That would be beautiful on my counter, although I think i am just too cheap to spend almost $100 on a french press. Tempting though...
I broke two glass Bodum pots in a few months (one of them in my hand when I picked it up) and decided to go for it. It is a ludicrous amount for a french press but eh.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

shibby3253

Reaction score
I broke two glass Bodum pots in a few months (one of them in my hand when I picked it up) and decided to go for it. It is a ludicrous amount for a french press but eh.

If I had a french press break in my hand that is all it would take for me to shell out serious cash for a stainless steel one. Paying 100 bucks for a french press is a lot less than the hospital bills for second degree burns (and a lot less painful).

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah... Second degree burns hurt like hell but definitely dont need a hospital visit unless they are somewhere sensitive or cover a large amount of your body.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How hard is it to clean?

It's not too bad --- it all comes apart, including the filter, which separates into two pieces, so you can easily clean out the inside of the double filter.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ive had numerous second degree burns and never have gone to the hospital.

Should've remembered this when you cut yourself. :fistbump:

Spend a few hours at The Barn (3rd wave-ish, light roasts) yesterday. Had their Kiawamururu (Kenia, also picked up half a pound of filter beans), Kochere (Ethiopia), Los Lajones Bambu Natural Geisha (Panama), and had either the Gichathaini (Kenya) or Bosques de San Francisco (Guatemala) as single origin espresso. Spotted a Tim Wendelboe bag of beans on their counter in the background. When I asked about it, they agreed on serving some for me. It was the Tekangu. All I can say is that I enjoyed each and every one of the coffees. All prepared in a V60 or Aeropress.

Also picked up half a pound of Gichathaini (Kenya) espresso beans.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not too bad --- it all comes apart, including the filter, which separates into two pieces, so you can easily clean out the inside of the double filter.

Would you say it's sort of a cross of CCD and regular French Press taste-wise?

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can any of you coffee fanatics explain the recent proliferation of obscenely expensive bottled cold-brew coffees? I like cold-brew iced coffee, but I have zero idea why anyone would pay four or five bucks for a twelve-ounce bottle of the stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads