• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Buy Books With Good Intentions But Never Read Them Core

The fit is nothing special, but... I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

YNgKvxD.jpg

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I enjoyed the bookcore DWW and will check out the other discussions in the OP--thanks for those. I'd say a strain(s) of bookcore is how I typically dress, which is a little more 'dressy' than your typical Seattle dweller, which surely runs to the 'outdoor' side of the style.

One comment: I read the entire DWW piece wondering when D was going to get to Woody Allen and he never did. When I started the article he popped immediately to mind.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Or a craft brewer (See Jake Johnson in the film “Drinking Buddies”).

Fun fact, that was a "mumblecore" movie. The characters speak like normal people -- which is to say, they mumble, interrupt each other, stutter, repeat themselves -- which, with good directing, ends up feeling super natural.

I think good bookcore does that too. It makes me think... this person isn't following rules, this person is just

One comment: I read the entire DWW piece wondering when D was going to get to Woody Allen and he never did. When I started the article he popped immediately to mind.

Woody Allen made some cool movies, but maybe he's not the best person to celebrate these days.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
:rolleyes: In a forum that celebrates the Duke of Windsor ad nauseam? And mark me down as Team Woody.

One wrong doesn't justify another.

I try very hard to be out of fashion and here I am, bookcored. I keep trying not to be with 'it', but they keep changing what 'it' is.

Trends are unavoidable. Some trends are niche trends. Some niches glorify the style of a specific decade in the past. But one way or another, you'll latch on to something you see somewhere.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit is nothing special, but... I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

YNgKvxD.jpg

I just looked up this book and was like, this book sounds interesting and I think I want to buy it and read it but it dawned on me that I could just talk about it instead. More money for bookcore jawns!

'patanoster

Reaction score
Something not explored is the different subgenres of bookcore, such as Busy Life Audible Core or Buy Books With Good Intentions But Never Read Them Core

Romance Novel Hidden Behind The Jacket Of Serious Historical Monograph Core

pwbower

Reaction score
I try very hard to be out of fashion and here I am, bookcored. I keep trying not to be with 'it', but they keep changing what 'it' is.
Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day lol. I feel the same way.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
I just looked up this book and was like, this book sounds interesting and I think I want to buy it and read it but it dawned on me that I could just talk about it instead. More money for bookcore jawns!

yeah... But it's a fun read that can help you lower your overall book budget! Or... in fact, help you appreciate literature more and make you want to read more...

You could just get it from a library, but that's not as bookcore as buying it and using it to decorate your bookshelf.

Leiker

Reaction score
"Many will be wearing clothes as though they were thrown onto them with a pitchfork"

Fantastic line ...

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wonder if dirty books stores are still around
because in there one would presumably encounter hardcore bookcore

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. But the wikipedia entry claims Johnny Depp's aka Corso's disheveled grooming derives from Philip Marlow, a noir detective from Chandler's novels
Also, the book the movie was based on is "The Club Dumas" by Arturo Perez-Reverte. Excellent read along with "the Flanders Panel." His work faded after those.

I need to read up on Bookcore as I suspect that's how I've been dressing casually my whole life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads