• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

let's talk about Allen Edmonds Apparel

you rikey rikey?

• yea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nay

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters

superwesman

Reaction score
I've recently been bombarded, both in the mail and online, with advertisements for Allen Edmonds new apparel line. Has anyone seen this stuff in person? What do you think? Is it good quality?

The vests look really boxy and bad in the photos - I assume they just need to be tailored.

As an aside, those shots from the ads are all along the Blue Line in Chicago, right? I think I see the Damen stop and Emmett's pub ....

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since they're a sponsor, I think we should have a contest to pick the least bad look from the lookbook.

Perhaps they will even spring for buying the winner said least bad look.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like they are trying to appeal to people who supect that their wardrobe bought entirely from LL Bean lacks a certain sophistication and want to 'step up'...

DandySF

Reaction score
I flipped through the catalog and couldn't figure out what their point of view is. Perhaps it's simply not my point of view.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dis thread

it makes me sad.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Substitute teacher steez

The waistcoat (and pattern) is not the problem. The shirt, pants and tie are. Whoever put this combo together needs schooling.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're clueless. I'll bet that the clothes are snapped up.

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They need to educate whomever is doing their photos, and they need to do this now. Look at the horrible fit on these models, not mentioning the bad colour coordination. It screams of geezerdom.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%