• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's speak high end suits here

Scabal Fanatic

Reaction score
Let's see if that thread will take on well.

I would like it to be a place for people to exchange about high end suits. By that, I do not mean an Armani Collezioni or a Hugo Boss Black and no Prada or Gucci at +$2,000 that are not worth it (quality/price). Fused stuff or cheap half-canvassed fused parts, not welcomed! LOL!

I mean people that like better quality (custom made with very good fabrics or nice brands with real quality, like Brioni and Kiton). I see so many threads (cheap suits, cheap online tailors, suits for a cheap guy), let's create something else here.

Welcome to Vitale Barberis Canonico, Scabal, Dormeuil, Holland & Sherry or others from that level :) Let's argue and give opinions!

Thanks to all that want to participate

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you start by sharing your experiences?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean people that like better quality (custom made with very good fabrics or nice brands with real quality, like Brioni and Kiton). I see so many threads (cheap suits, cheap online tailors, suits for a cheap guy), let's create something else here.

Welcome to Vitale Barberis Canonico, Scabal, Dormeuil, Holland & Sherry or others from that level :) Let's argue and give opinions!!

Here here! Preach it!

billy2.jpg

Last edited:

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why don't you start by sharing your experiences?

+1, and FYI half the replies on this thread are probably going to be some variation of "you could have gotten 50 bespoke suits from (insert random developing country) for that price"

lazyloki

Reaction score
Sorry to slightly jack the thread but for some reason it won't let me create new threads - because I'm new?

Anyway, sticking with suits, is it possible to pick up a RL purple Label suit jacket on its own or do they only come in the set? Reason I asked is that I picked up a pair of the trousers for a steal but would like a jacket to go with it.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This really reflects a deterioration in the content of the forum. If want to focus on the discussion of bespoke and higher-end MTM, I suggest the London Lounge. Alternatively, you can search the archives of the forum for higher end RTW. For example, spend some time scanning the Belvest thread. Not quite in price range of Kiton, Brioni, Attolini, etc. but a very respectable maker, and, IMO, more stylistically interesting from the likes of Zegna.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to slightly jack the thread but for some reason it won't let me create new threads - because I'm new?

Anyway, sticking with suits, is it possible to pick up a RL purple Label suit jacket on its own or do they only come in the set? Reason I asked is that I picked up a pair of the trousers for a steal but would like a jacket to go with it.

You mean a matching jacket? If so then probably not they are sold as sets and even if you can find the same color the pattern might be off. What you could try to do is get it made at RL if you have the fabric code BUT that might not even work because even the same fabric/texture etc have slightly different dyes per batch they make i.e 2 rolls of identical fabric might be slightly off in color. I would suggest pairing it with an odd jacket

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This really reflects a deterioration in the content of the forum. If want to focus on the discussion of bespoke and higher-end MTM, I suggest the London Lounge. Alternatively, you can search the archives of the forum for higher end RTW. For example, spend some time scanning the Belvest thread. Not quite in price range of Kiton, Brioni, Attolini, etc. but a very respectable maker, and, IMO, more stylistically interesting from the likes of Zegna.

+1 if you look at the older threads they are mostly about Brioni, Oxxford, Rubbinacci, Steed etc.

bigtimebuck4

Reaction score
Maybe this qualifies....What is everyone's opinion of Isaia's aquaspider fabric? Cool concept I guess, but I wonder if the properties which make it water repellant detract from the softness of the fabric. Any thoughts?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Man, this forum has gone to the gutter.

Attolini, Kiton, etc. are soooo SF2006. And yet, still better than most of the crap currently on here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm just saying. Things have really come full circle here. I just recently came back, and I'm sad to see there are virtually no other old-timers left.

As to the OP: did you see my recent thread detailing my new bespoke overcoat? If you are genuinely interested in finely tailored goods, take a look. I included a lot of eye candy.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Time for you to do a review on Black Label vs Suit Supply vs. Rubinacci.

Hey man, if someone wants to send me samples for review, I'll write up something thorough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics