• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's list things we hate, Clothingwise

kookydooky

Reaction score
Dunno if there is a thread like this around (I tried looking for one) so I thought I'd make one

- I just hate it when I see a guy when it is fairly cold weather wearing decent clothes just as jeans, fancy jacket, fancy scarf etc, you know a real rugged up warm look then all of a sudden wear flip flops to look more dressed down.

What the heck is that? I can understand it if you just wake up and go out for gas or pick up quickly pick up some groceries but Seriously, if you have the time to dress properly for an outing put some freaking shoes on.

-Chucks/Sneakers with suits.

-When people wear a suit without a tie then have the shirt sleeves (which is usually a bit too long) unbuttoned and folded up over the suit jacket

-Those deep neck V neck shirts that just look like womens shirts.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate when guys wear backpacks with suit and tie.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- Stuff that doesn't fit.
- pre-distressed/vintage t-shirts (unless they really are vintage)
- the AmTourist - baseball cap, t-shirt, fanny pack, sandals, socks

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
uggs/crocs

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Boat shoes. (Even with a boat these look too high class)
Blue shirt with cream trousers. (Emulating David Attenborough)
Skinny jeans. (You look like a girl)
Dog Tags. (You ain't punk, or in the military)
Flip flops when anywhere other than a beach or your own back garden. (Shoes to the beach, then shoes back from it)
Socks and sandals. (The devils shoe choice)
Baseball caps (Are there any good ones?)
Bandanas on the head, (As a fashion statement, not when its needed)

And of course, the root of all evil,
Singing Christmas ties.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heyheyhey
Boat shoes. Blue shirt with cream trousers. Skinny jeans. Baseball caps (Are there any good ones?) Singing Christmas ties.
You hate some good stuff. My short list includes: - Dressing up jeans (includes wearing a sports coat with jeans, having a 'nice' pair of jeans, wearing dress shoes with jeans, wearing a tie with jeans, wearing a dress shirt with jeans, etc.) The only thing that really bothers me.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
I have good reasons at least. Everything on the list is either way too try hard (Dog tags and bandana), just too damn preppy(Boat shoes, Jumper round the neck) or obscene (Socks and Sandals)

ekaJ

Reaction score
-when someone wears a button-down shirt 3 sizes too big, when it couldnt possibly be any baggier. What I hate even more is when a girl's reaction to it is 'ooh youre so dressed up.'

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Not showing cuff in a blazer/suit. It's more of a pet peeve, but I've seen many outfits there are otherwise great, except for this detail. I prefer a healthy amount of cuff, though, and I believe that it should be showing at *all* times.

-Hideous running shoes. Appropriate when you're actually running, or doing some sort of physical activity.

-Guy who wear girl jeans. Seriously, there's enough brands out there that make skinny cuts of guys. So please stop putting on those super flared distressed girl jeans. Thank you.

-Ugly thrifted clothes. I get it, you thrift. That doesn't make your itchy, nasty, oversized sweater any better.

-Ugly shoes with dressed up clothes. Square, dry, cheap, rubber sole, whatever you want you name it.

-Guys who wear hats all the time. I don't get it.

-Guys who tuck t-shirts into their pants.

clarity

Reaction score
I don't want to go as far as saying I hate this stuff. Perhaps the fact that it doesn't leave a good impression about the wearer would be more appropriate.

-Business casual look with very washed/artificially distressed jeans. (ocbd undone @ top 2 buttons, dark blazer, brogues and then the jeans)
-People (mostly black men) wearing baseball caps that are new with tags and have the flat bill.
-The standard tourist attire for where I am. RL polo tucked into dockers shorts with boat shoes.
-Rainbows(the flip flops).
-Plaid cargo shorts.

Mbogo

Reaction score
Logos or brand graphics. Especially any bigger than, say, a dime.

Pants riding low on your butt cheeks, ala "gangsta'".

David

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i HATE certain elements of the ghetto (black) fashion ... not to be racist against blacks - asians, hispanics, wannabe white kids, and tons of other "hip-hop" influenced kids do it too - but it just looks terrible

1-jeans that are 10 sizes too big in length and in waist (when they walk or run they have to hold their jeans up from falling because their belt does nothing

2-t shirts or "white-t's" that are also 10 sizes too big and hang over their knees and elbows and make it look like they are wearing dresses

3-ridiculous amounts of bling bling that is way too big, heavy, and most of the times is fake

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
-

-Hideous running shoes. Appropriate when you're actually running, or doing some sort of physical activity.

Your list was pretty good, but this one is top. This is the one thing I can't stand mroe then anything else!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads