• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's list things we hate, Clothingwise

CrocsRock

Reaction score
And even then... sandals and bare feet would be a less offensive choice.

I think most will agree Crocs are the be-all and end-all of bad taste.

Shraka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrocsRock
And even then... sandals and bare feet would be a less offensive choice.

I think most will agree Crocs are the be-all and end-all of bad taste.

Now I'm just confused. You hate Crocks now?
eh.gif

Seanallen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmentmerchant
I think crocs(the plastic clog looking shoes) are a terrible product that people shouldnt wear outside of the beach

I agree.

My friend called me up to play some minigolf , and we went and there was some 8 year olds with Crocs, and their dad had a pair. I wanted to pull a O.J on their whole family with the putter.

sfnewbie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seanallen
I agree. My friend called me up to play some minigolf , and we went and there was some 8 year olds with Crocs, and their dad had a pair. I wanted to pull a O.J on their whole family with the putter.
haha I saw an older guy in shorts wearing some walking around a few days ago. I'm in the middle of Ohio, so no major bodies of water around here.

kakemono

Reaction score
The only thing that really upsets me is poeple who wear shorts to church. Other than that, different strokes for different folks.

Oh, and pink/lavender polos for guys.

I really dislike crocs, but I accept that some people really, really like them. I even bought my mom a pair, among other things, for xmas.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
not the actual clothing itself, but the way some pocketsquares are worn

specifically, when they're placed in the breast pocket and it looks like a plant sprouting out, or fingers clawing their way out.

bugs the **** out of me enough to where I would yank it out and salivate at the potential fisticuff that would ensue as a result of my transgression

Seanallen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
not the actual clothing itself, but the way some pocketsquares are worn

specifically, when they're placed in the breast pocket and it looks like a plant sprouting out, or fingers clawing their way out.

bugs the **** out of me enough to where I would yank it out and salivate at the potential fisticuff that would ensue as a result of my transgression

What is your preferred way to wear a pocketsqaure just wondering?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono
The only thing that really upsets me is poeple who wear shorts to church.
Why?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
What is your preferred way to wear a pocketsqaure just wondering?

tv fold, cagney fold...any kind of subtle fold looks fine. Just not into the ostentatious sprouting out of the pocket

Seanallen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
tv fold, cagney fold...any kind of subtle fold looks fine. Just not into the ostentatious sprouting out of the pocket

I agree, I've never worn a suit really (I'm 16) but that's good to keep in mind when I do, I like how its not bulging out of the pocket but instead just adding a little line of color.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. My friend called me up to play some minigolf , and we went and there was some 8 year olds with Crocs, and their dad had a pair. I wanted to pull a O.J on their whole family with the putter.
The adult should not dress like the child. I hate that. The father should dress like (I can't think of a better phase) a pillar of the community.

Shraka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
The adult should not dress like the child. I hate that. The father should dress like (I can't think of a better phase) a pillar of the community.

It's this whole obsession with youth thing. Everyone wants to be 21 forever, so they dress and act like it. I hate it. Nobody bothers to become more refined in personality, taste in food, culture, or clothing.

I guess that's a bit harsh, they do a bit. Or perhaps I'm just hanging out with the wrong people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads