• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets Go Get Sushi And Not Pay! (The official Repo Man thread)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else out there loves Repo Man. It helps, I suppose, to be able to identify with the seedy underbelly of the 1980s. It wasn't all "Wall Street", cocaine, and Alex Kabbaz shirts ... Which is not something you'll hear discussed much around here. Anyways, Alex Cox (the writer and director) wrote a sequel to the movie that never got filmed, so he's turned it into a graphic novel. Looks awesome. http://www.waldoshawaiianholiday.com/ Was anyone here a punk in the 80's?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody piss on the floor again?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey

God damned dipshit Rodriguez gypsy marital aid punks!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
You're All Right!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Was anyone here a punk in the 80's?

Yep, late 80s. Even worse, punk in a small redneck town. Nothing beats that experience. Learned how to fight pretty quickly. Loved Repo Man. There were some other movies that came out at the time that highlighted that same underbelly. Suburbia was amongst my faves. It gets better. My younger brother was a mod, so there were two freaks in the family.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love this movie, it was on encore tv the other day and caught it halfway through. Another great, but underrated Estevez movie is Men At Work.

englanderjk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Wondering if anyone else out there loves Repo Man. It helps, I suppose, to be able to identify with the seedy underbelly of the 1980s. It wasn't all "Wall Street", cocaine, and Alex Kabbaz shirts ... Which is not something you'll hear discussed much around here. Anyways, Alex Cox (the writer and director) wrote a sequel to the movie that never got filmed, so he's turned it into a graphic novel. Looks awesome. http://www.waldoshawaiianholiday.com/ Was anyone here a punk in the 80's?
One of my all time favorites. Planning on incorporating the lounge act (The Circle Jerks,...I know, I know, it sounds bad but these guys are hilarious) into my next house party.

Harry Dean Stanton is exceptional and one of the greatest character actors of our time or, atleast so says Ebert (see "Stanton-Walsh Rule"). I happen to agree.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Doobie do wap wap say what, yeah.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Where are you going Otto!? What about our relationship?!

**** that.

or

Spontaneous combustion. Happens all the time.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pardon me while I fold my pants.

Mike

Reaction score
Crazy, man! I just put Repo Man on 5 minutes ago on On Demand, before coming here. Coincidence?!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike
Crazy, man! I just put Repo Man on 5 minutes ago on On Demand, before coming here. Coincidence?!
Plate of shrimp!

Mike

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads