1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by _yoo, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Shryke

Shryke Senior member

I've never proxied anything for anyone before (so I don't know what kind of fees people normally charge), but I work in the same shopping centre as the Birmingham UK store. I also get 10% off everything including sale. Let me know if I can be of any help and we'll work something out.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  2. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

you can't say much about the construction of COS items in general if you've only handled one pair of trousers

1 person likes this.
  3. bored

bored Member

COS quality varies a bit, but overall it's quite good. I would say it's on the same level as H&M designer collaborations. I have a lot more than a pair of wool trousers too.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. brotherleader

brotherleader Well-Known Member

I usually find the quality to be comparable to, if not better than, APC. The two brands have certain similarities for me - simple, clean, slim cuts and an overall lack of branding on items but the price point and limited distribution makes COS more appealing.

5. bored

bored Member

Well described. COS knit that I recently bought stretched a lot and fits much bigger now. I'll wear it oversized, because its texture is so good but still disappointed.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  6. Rooy

Rooy Active Member

Free shipping on orders over €150 till 10/06/12. Gonna grab some t-shirts, hope all their wide-neck stuff is as awesome as the t-shirt I already have.

7. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Anyone willing to proxy for someone in the states?

8. dibango

dibango Senior member

Sure, hit me up. I'm from the Netherlands.

9. worakl

worakl Senior member

10. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

have you received the t-shirts already?
    is the quality okay for the price? do they shrink in the washing machine?

thanks in advance :)

11. Rooy

Rooy Active Member

Yeah, they arrived, ordered a whole lot of stuff and only kept the ones that really impressed me. Quality and fit varies from t-shirt to t-shirt. In terms of material the most of them are thin, but one or two are thicker, one that was added to the website after I ordered is even made of knit. Because they are so different you really have to pinpoint the shirts you are interested in and I'll see if I can comment on them. There are also a whole lot of different fits and fabrics and it's difficult to distinguish them from the item description. All of my shirts definitely did shrink in the washing, you should opt for the looser size.
    Quality to price ratio is tricky because I was in need of shirts cause of the sudden summer temperatures. Some shirts feel more worth it than others. Again, post some links and I'll try to be of help. In general they do look more upscale and are interesting for their various necklines and fabrics. I did not feel ripped off keeping the shirts I liked at retail, but I also sent back the ones I did not think worthy [​IMG]
    Furthermore I put a whole lot of shirts on my wishlist come sale season, because at a discount I will stock up for sure.

Schöne Grüße

No proxying for me, but I tried it on and the fit is extremly straight/boxy. Also the hood does not fall neatly at all like in the lookbook, but flaps to one side or another. Stood ten minutes in front of a mirror trying to fix it before I gave up.

12. Rooy

Rooy Active Member

Second attempt at posting this ...

All the t-shirts have different fabrics, fits and necklines, therefore one can not generalize the quality. I feel some are worth retail, some are not. Post the links to the ones you are interested in and I'll see if I can comment on them, but I think I have handled most of them ;)
    On sale I will definitely stock up on them.

Schoene Grueße

worakl - No proxying from me, but the fit on that jacket is absolutely straight/boxy. Moreover the hood does not fall neatly like in the lookbook but flaps to one side. I stood ten minutes in front of a mirror trying to fix it before I gave up. Buy with caution ...

13. worakl

worakl Senior member

^ I've tried it in-store but it's sold out where I live. The 46 is perfect for me, but the 48 sort of works...[​IMG]

14. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

:) danke

here are the ones i'm interested in:

http://www.cosstores.com/Store/Men/T-shirts/Colour_block_t-shirt/46903-369334.1#c-883095
    http://www.cosstores.com/Store/Men/T-shirts/Grey_melange_t-shirt/46903-281182.1#c-283556
    http://www.cosstores.com/Store/Men/T-shirts/Smooth_cotton_t-shirt/46903-246450.1#c-410681
    http://www.cosstores.com/Store/Men/T-shirts/V-neck_t-shirt/46903-246385.1#c-249123

15. Rooy

Rooy Active Member

Seems like you hand picked the shirts I didn't try, but still hope that helps ;)

1 person likes this.
  16. qj53

qj53 Member

Should've bought when it wasn't sold out, because it seems like they won't re-stock their online store. :eek: I won't have a second chance (unless it shows up on ebay...)

17. qj53

qj53 Member

Sale has started.

Bought few things...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

this coat's surprisingly nice, anyone try it out yet?

[​IMG]

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

20. limbo

limbo Senior member

Oi. Thinking I'll need a proxy as well.