• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How to size jeans and the hidden placket flannel shirt? Really want the light gray tapered jeans, not sure how they fit compared to Uniqlo T000

Reaction score
Efff, not much stuff that I'd say is worth it on the sale...

Has anyone purchased the navy wool-cashmere coat and can testify to fit or quality? Thinking of that coat or the black coat with the technical layer, but I really don't want to pay like $100 more for a better colour (thoughts? I don't need the technical layer).

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KoY, 5354, get that damn coat, it'd be mine if I had more money right now:

Knowledgeable COS wearers, please help me with my order! I need to put it in tomorrow!

djt00

Reaction score
reedobandido: I can't say for sure, but if you're 5'11" and usually wear medium (EU48), then small might be too small. Smaller sizes are also shorter. I don't know your weight, but 37 shirts sounds definitely too small as well. I wouldn't recommend sizing down. Normally, I'd say that the tops fits true to size.

Last edited:

lineate

Reaction score

OK need some finalized sizing advice before I place an order in a day or two with rirawan. 5'11", 38 chest, want a slim fit:

1. How to size deep round neck/U-neck tee shirts? S or M? Don't want them too slim out of the box since I will likely shrink them in wash

2. Sizing the Colorblock geometric sweatshirt in a Small, since it says relaxed fit. Good?

3. Elasticated Panel Trousers in 48, still slim through the thigh/ankle? Won't be too wide on a 32-32.5" waist?

4. Grey cotton flannel shirt? Slim or regular? Thinking a 38 for it, or should I go 37?

I'm thinking that sizing down on the oversized sweatshirt might produce a weird fit. I think you should take your normal size.

I'm 6'2" w a 40 inch chest and wear M tops/shirts, 50 jacket and trousers, 32 in jeans, if that helps.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean I wear small in like maybe 60% of brands, in stuff like Uniqlo and Schneider and NDG and Geller etc. I'm shorter and have a smaller chest than you lineate, so maybe small would be right for tees.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found that the shirts that come in "numbers sizing", fit exactly TTS. I have a 41 chest and take a 41 in those. The shirt that come in S, M, L are pretty randomly sized, but are usually bigger for their size rather than smaller. I just got one in M when I'm a Large / 41 in most brands.

Sizing for the knits depends on the cut. I tried out a bunch of knits recently and took a M in all of them. Didn't try that exact sweatshirt but tried another one which I was also a M in. Large were simply too big and surprisingly with too long arms for me (6'3, 180 lbs). Check my post from a couple of weeks back.

Last edited:

w0lf

Reaction score
Just my two cents, COS tshirts are pretty much ****. Bought a couple a while ago, a navy and a dark grey one, same size SMALL, and im definitely not happy. Despite being the same size the navy one fits alright, while the dark grey one is like two or three inches longer and a tad roomier, makin it look like a tube vest or something. Also the cut is awful, fabric on the shoulders just next to the neck line on the navy seems to wrap up for some reason which just doesn't look alright. For 15€ id rather pick up an american apparel or uniqlo tee, or even a zara one. Never tried any other of their products but if you want an impartial advice, stay away from their basic tees

Last edited:

PattyC

Reaction score
bought the navy blue chambray, really happy with the quality and fit :slayer:

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at those as well, but have learned the hard way never to order pants I haven't tried on first.

Benjaminba

Reaction score
Tried on a fair bit of cos in a store recently, so here's a few comments:

Tee shirts: so many different models and not clear how they fit. Some in size S fit slim, others are really wide and oversized. I wouldn't know from the webshop which to go for.. I got the rolled edges one in small and it fits well.

Coats: the wool/cashmere coat and technical layer coat are really nice. The fabric of both is soft and feels substantial. Honestly couldn't tell the difference between it and winter coats costing double that. The wool/cashmere coat is a very straight, boxy fit, which didn't suit me. I could imagine someone less skinny (I'm 175cm, 60kg) looking better in it. The technical layer coat is awesome; good fit, slimmer and more tailored. Shoulders aren't as sharp as the other coat. Would have gotten it myself if it wasn't black..
The parka coat was a little bell-like on me.. Quite fine fabric again though.

Pants: they didn't have the elasticated waist trousers in my size, so can't help there. I did buy these pants: http://www.cosstores.com/Shop/Men/Trousers/Tailored_tapered_trousers/46905-7777552.1#c-24480 and they are just what I've been looking for! Relaxed cut with a taper, slimmer leg than the "cashmere wool trousers" (which I found too wide). The blue black colour is great. Black in most lights, but you can tell it's blue if you have a real black next to it. Recommended!

Didn't get to try the flannel shirt yet, but the fabric is nice.

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on a fair bit of cos in a store recently, so here's a few comments:

Tee shirts: so many different models and not clear how they fit. Some in size S fit slim, others are really wide and oversized. I wouldn't know from the webshop which to go for.. I got the rolled edges one in small and it fits well.

Coats: the wool/cashmere coat and technical layer coat are really nice. The fabric of both is soft and feels substantial. Honestly couldn't tell the difference between it and winter coats costing double that. The wool/cashmere coat is a very straight, boxy fit, which didn't suit me. I could imagine someone less skinny (I'm 175cm, 60kg) looking better in it. The technical layer coat is awesome; good fit, slimmer and more tailored. Shoulders aren't as sharp as the other coat. Would have gotten it myself if it wasn't black..
The parka coat was a little bell-like on me.. Quite fine fabric again though.

Pants: they didn't have the elasticated waist trousers in my size, so can't help there. I did buy these pants: http://www.cosstores.com/Shop/Men/Trousers/Tailored_tapered_trousers/46905-7777552.1#c-24480 and they are just what I've been looking for! Relaxed cut with a taper, slimmer leg than the "cashmere wool trousers" (which I found too wide). The blue black colour is great. Black in most lights, but you can tell it's blue if you have a real black next to it. Recommended!

Didn't get to try the flannel shirt yet, but the fabric is nice.

This is making me very excited for my trip to Stockholm
nod[1].gif

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want that damn coat. Benjaminba, what's the sizing like? What's your stats and what size fit you the best?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you mean the technical layer one reedo, a 46 fit me. it's pretty nice for the money

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads