• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style

mes123

Reaction score
All t-shirts or shirts from Cos that I have tried on have been horrible on me. Have two knits though that I'm really happy with, and I also like their trousers. Suiting is decent for the price, I think.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The past season navy one with buttons under the hidden placket and no patch pockets look better. One of the favourite pieces I own. This one's still pretty good.

They need to release a mid thigh length version of the hooded coat. Would look great and I bet a lot of people here would be interested in it.

Last edited:

rublev

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm hoping for something mid thigh length. Either a version of the above or something that is a bit more flowing / with more volume.

Also, not sure if it's already been posted but some of the stuff from the (limited) lookbook is pretty nice.

Texture on the knit top left looks really interesting, as does the closed placket navy blouson type thing bottom right.

djt00

Reaction score
The past season navy one with buttons under the hidden placket and no patch pockets look better. One of the favourite pieces I own. This one's still pretty good.

They need to release a mid thigh length version of the hooded coat. Would look great and I bet a lot of people here would be interested in it.
I totally agree. I might have to buy new one, because p2p is too small. Short length wasn't a bad thing, often jackets are longer than I'd prefer.

lineate

Reaction score
I love that grey wool blazer with the hidden fastening. Insta-buy.

Reaction score
Freakin' love COS. I used to live in the States where COS has absolutely no presence (they don't even ship to the US, duh). During my recent trip to Paris, I visited their store and bought a few things from them. The quality is fine, not exceptional but good enough for streetwear (let's say better than Zara). But the Scandinavian elegant minimalism is to die for.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks penanceroyaltea. I'm completely new to style forum so excuse my ignorance, what is waywt?

Last edited:

filcol

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you a little feedback on the items I purchased if you're interested:

White V-Neck (the 15€ one): Fit is perfect on me, it's a slim and slightly longer than usual fit. Sadly, it is very thin and feels a bit cheap (while being very comfortable tho!). I planned to wear it as top layer in summer but I can only use it under shirts because it's too thin for my tastes.

Gradient Tee : The design is cool and it has some geller vibe. It is cut loose and long and has a slouchy feel. I really like it concerning the design and feel of it. Not sure if it's worth the extra dollars over other COS tshrts but given the fact, that COS has very good value, I'd say that this t-shirt is simply "normal priced" while other COS stuff sometimes is a steal.

Raw Edge Tee: Really, the perfect Tee for me. I love it so much. It is long, but not too long. It is kind of loose but with the length it has a slim and sporty frame. Also it feels like heaven, very soft. I'm so sad it's only available in grey, I'd buy it in other colors immediately.

It's not like I'm only comparing this to cheap stuff like H&M, I really prefer this over other higher priced Tees I Got (for example the Margiela Aids Tee, which is def. not worth the price).

Elastic Waistband Trousers: Those are super cool. I thik I have to hem them but they feel great and look great. While the look is a bit like very tapered suit trousers, the feel is way more stiff and durable, a bit like often washed jeans.

Again, comparing it to the two pairs of Margiela Trousers I have, I don't really see COS being inferior. The margiela ones are also made in Romania by the way.

My conclusion on all those products is very good, it adds up to my positive feeling about the knits I bought last winter.

What I really think is that if COS would have 3 times higher prices and would write "Made in Italy" or something inside, people would be all over it.

davidoff

Reaction score
I would like to ask if I could get some feedback on the quality of their new chelsea boots, here .

I have been looking for a pair of chelsea boots that I would like for a while now but while I would be okay with Loake's pricing I don't see any viable alternatives and I really like these ones. Any comments on quality and durability ?

diederik

Reaction score
filcol - thanks for the info, how did you size the tees?

djt00

Reaction score
I would like to ask if I could get some feedback on the quality of their new chelsea boots, here .

I have been looking for a pair of chelsea boots that I would like for a while now but while I would be okay with Loake's pricing I don't see any viable alternatives and I really like these ones. Any comments on quality and durability ?
I'd get Loakes, especially in this case. The style isn't unique and Loake is well known shoe manufacturer!

I own two pairs of COS shoe which I don't wear anymore. http://www.cosstores.com/Archive/Round_toe_shoes/25251-652259.1 leather feels stiff and uncomfortable even after months of wearing. (Anyone interested? Size 41.
biggrin.gif
)

The other pair I have is COS black leather shoes. Very comfortable actually. Only reason why I don't wear them more often is because my style has changed.

Quote:

Last edited:

filcol

Reaction score

filcol - thanks for the info, how did you size the tees?

I took my "usual size" S, they all fit a bit different but that's how they are designed. If you take the shoulder seams as a reference for the fit, they all fit spot on. I'd say go true to size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads