1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by _yoo, Oct 21, 2011.

1. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your opinion! Would you say it is too expensive for what it is? I'm still looking for a nice knit.

Being honest, I don't like
    39%
    acrylic either, but 79 euros is relatively cheap price and it doesn't look something you'll find elsewhere cheaper. Does acrylic mix knits feel itchy? Asking because, I don't own anything that is acrylic made/mix.

I've seen Stephan Schneider using 50% acrylic mixes, so using acrylic isn't very unusual. Is there any other reason using acrylic than the price?

2. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

I see your point. However, it is outerwear, so it's useful if there's some room for layering.

I have the hooded wool jacket in a 46 as my fall/winter wool jacket. Wore it yesterday and it's the best thing I've bought from COS. Fit is nice, because I'm just 5'6" and there's no room for proper layering. I can only wear long sleeve t-shirts under or it won't button up. 48 would be so much more pratical. =)

3. superego

superego Well-Known Member

anyone handled the silk back cardigan or contrast front jacket?

silk back cardi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

contrast front jacket
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

also, what's sizing like on the cotton flannel shirt? can't imagine sizing is literal in inches (ie, upper end of 43 means I'm screwed at a size 44/45 jacket)

and for trousers, with an actual 36" waist, I'd probably be a 52 in these?

4. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth I have some H&M t-shirts lying around that have acrylic in them, and after a couple of washes, the material feels hard. It's difficult to describe but it's almost as if the t-shirt stiffened up and lost its softness. Not sure if that's always the case, but that has been my experience. As far as alternatives, I can't really help you there; you might want to check out APC when it's on sale.

I guess me being a student means that I try to conserve where ever possible so if the product is 90% of what I expect it to be, I don't bother with a purchase. That's also why I tend to inquire a lot before I make my purchases.

5. rublev

rublev Well-Known Member

The numbers just equate to collar size so the 37 is a 14.5" and the 43 is 17". If you click the size guide tab it tells you there. Those will just be the standard COS sizing rather than item specific but i would say the flannel shirt is a pretty standard fit so they won't be far off.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  6. whyme?

whyme? Well-Known Member

nice fit and certainly doesn't look slim (reedobandito?) - and it shouldn't.

7. superego

superego Well-Known Member

thanks, wasn't familiar with UK sizing...so if I've got a 16.5" neck US, I'm likely a 42

assuming US = UK for trousers as well, I'm torn between the 52/54...have an actual 36" waist, though measured my fave pair of denim earlier and they measure 38" after wear. will the 52 (36") stretch or should I size up? what's the fit like otherwise?

8. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

Sorry for another sizing question, but if slim fit Uniqlo OCBDs in M and normal OCBDs in M are a tad tight in chest/shoulders what size would I be in the hidden placket cotton flannel shirt? 39?

9. Zeemon

Zeemon Well-Known Member

i have three cos pants in size 52, waist the waist measures 88-90cm in all of them ( it equals 34.5 - 35.5 inch)
    so my advice would be that you should take size 54

10. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

The tech layer coat feels very nice, especially the tech layer. However, it's too big for me unfortunately. Maybe it's made to fit like that, I'd prefer a slightly slimmer frame tho. For reference, I'm 140lbs, 5'10", usually a slim 46 / big 44, and I tried a 46.

11. hipster

hipster Well-Known Member

6ft ~155ish guess i can safely pull the trigger on a 46?

12. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

Hm, would you have wanted it "slightly" slimmer or more like a whole size smaller?
    I'm about the same weight and length as you, will be so dissapointed if it doesn't fit me after being so excited to try it out [​IMG]
    Also, what did you wear besides the coat? (will probably layer underneath when wearing it so maybe it can work for me even if it's more 47 than 46)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  13. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

Well the shoulders are def. not in the "right" position. However, a little bit of "drape" looks right and I wouldn't mind the shoulders if there wasn't the same problem with the mid-section. Unbuttoned it can look quite cool, a bit drapey. However wearing it buttoned up, I wasn't comfortable with the section around the thighs, as it was quite roomy and just looked "off" looking in the mirror. I guess it's also the length, I'd prefer it to be 10cm shorter.

I guess, just try it, it might work for you if you like the look. I gues i'm more after a slim fitting, shorter coat. If you like the shape however, the coat is very nice. It's very comfortable and soft and the tech layer seems to be of great quality. However the mechanism for detaching the tech layer on the upper part seems a bit fragile.

14. kindofyoung

Thanks for thorough response, will report back with my own impressions tomorrow (and hopefully a post in RP)

15. PattyC

PattyC Well-Known Member

16. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

Of course the good stuff is already sold out...

17. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

At least you're tall enough. Why wouldn't you give it a try? If it doesn't work, returning from Finland is still free.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  18. sneet

sneet Well-Known Member

19. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

Well I was looking at the coats and they're cheaper to buy from Opening Ceremony after conversion and shipping.

20. kindofyoung

Technical layer coat is, as others have said, pretty awesome, and I kopped one.
    Can post pics and my impressions in a few days maybe if anyone wants

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013