1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by _yoo, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior member

On the technical layer coat? I'm 175 cm, 60kg (so 5'9", 132 lbs, shoulders 16-17 inches). A size 46 fit me perfectly. Length was pretty standard mid-thigh as I recall. It was easy to slip your hands into the slightly slanted pockets btw; hate when you can't do that in overcoats!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

i am surprised dude, i'm 5'11" and 170 with broad shoulders. 46 was a nice slim fit on me.

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Weird, we're like the exact same dimensions it sounds like. Strange you guys are v different sizes but both 46. Was there room for a little layering beyond the vest, robinson? You got a fit of the jacket by chance, either of you?

4. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

^ good point, i only had on a t shirt and it was pretty snug. i might try to stop by cos tomorrow actually, i'll get a pic if i do.
    slim fit suits are actually pretty nice too, would make a decent beater.

5. rublev

rublev Senior member

Ordered the wool mix trousers, tech overshirt, and the flannel. I've never bought the number sized shirts from COS before but went for a 38 in both. Sizing can be so varied though so fingers crossed. Returns and exchanges are a bit of a nightmare.

Gonna hold out for a discount before i get anything else like outwear. I remember seeing a fuzzy mohair knit in the magazine that came with one of my orders last month, so looking forward to that.

If you have time to check out the fit on the flannel that would be great.

6. reedobandito

Ordering today, hopefully my sizing is right (and if it isn't, expect to see the order at a B&S near you!)

-2 U neck tees in small
    -Angular pattern sweater in small
    -Elasticated trousers in 48
    -Grey cotton flannel shirt in 38

Will report back on fit/quality when they arrive. An advanced thank you to rirawan!

7. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Just had a brief glance at the COS pop up at OC. Nice, well priced stuff. If i was starting a wardrobe I probably would've bought some things. Mostly a safe and simple selection.

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

have any of you handled the navy wool bomber? looks sweet-- would love to know what it's like IRL

9. reedobandito

I think it looks nice too, would look great paired with black trousers and a hidden placket white shirt

10. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

I'll let you know (hopefully) next weekend

11. worakl

worakl Senior member

It's really cool, like a lot of their outerwear. I'm looking at the green raincoat and the burgundy wool jacket at the moment though, otherwise I'd instakop.

12. Bam!ChairDance

You've had a real-life wool bomber encounter? How did it compare to your more designery stuff? I was worried I'd go through the whole proxy process only to find it feels like a fast-fashion jacket

13. worakl

worakl Senior member

Well, I live in Stockholm, so yeah. Haven't actually handled that one in particular this season, but their outerwear is definitely a lot more solid than tees and jeans for example.

It looked awesome from a distance of about 8 feet.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  14. 5354

5354 Senior member

Is it as heavily cropped as it appears in the photos?

15. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

^^^

16. Bam!ChairDance

worakl just informed me via pm that, even though the jacket looked awesome from a distance of about 8 feet, once he stepped a foot closer, he began to see it was actually infested with maggots. bummer.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    3 people like this.
  17. worakl

worakl Senior member

I really need glasses. [​IMG]

18. patalloy

patalloy Member

Bought the wool bomber in-store yesterday in a 36. Love the ultra minimal design. It's not all that cropped - not compared to last year's Moto jacket which I also own. The material is really nice and quite substantial for the money. Like the blue black colour. It has light shoulder padding which give it a bit of a design edge. The fit is standard rather than slim which I think suits the style. Will go nicely with the elasticated trousers that I also picked up. Overall really pleased with it.

19. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

20. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

And then sell me your moto jacket