Let’s put Toronto/GTA on the Map! (the SF map that is…)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

ATTENTION all Toronto/GTA people - Please help us fill in the Retail Map!

So we've got this Google Map for SF approved stores, but Toronto is a bit, um, empty... Ie, there's 1 entry as of now...

"Many hands make light work"

1. Please take just a second to add any stores you know/approve of (by searching for the store name)... BLUE = MC, RED = SW&D
    2. And/Or if you could please add any details along the lines of brands carried, prices, about the owner, your review, etc.

Thanks Y'all

2. UserNameToronto

UserNameToronto Senior member

3. phildo

phildo Senior member

looks like you added most of em, added TNT Blu

4. Master-Classter

looks like you added most of em, added TNT Blu
    Mmmm, I don't know about that... I've still got a personal list of probably 20 or so stores to add. I'm guessing there's got to be some more places around the city you guys know about. So far there's a bit on Yorkville and Queen West (though more still to come)... any other major shopping parts of town we've missed? I actually also added (yellow) some related stores along the lines of fragrance, shoes, TAILORS (this would be a good section to fill in more), etc.

5. osc

osc Senior member

will add my input after I get back from camping this weekend [​IMG]

6. AB01

AB01 Senior member

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Keep them coming gentlemen, I have to be there in a few weeks for business, and am curious to see if there's anything worth visiting, retail wise.

8. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Senior member

Why don't we just have a 'Comprehensive list to Menswear in Toronto' thread right here?

9. thefreeman

thefreeman Well-Known Member

Sydney's, Gotstyle, Nomad... Queen St. + Richmond Street basically does it.

10. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Personally, I'm more interested in the inconspicuous shops that have like one item of interest.

--Randolph Engineering shades at aviation world on airport road.

--Long sleeve lacoste polos at Sporting Life (oddly, lacoste stores never seem to have LS polos in popular colors) -- WWM is also available at SL

--The Fred Perry shop is a must for polos (and easy parking on Queen West since it's further down from the action)

--Wilson's on Queen E. for Filson bags.

The SA's at TnT and Holt's (Bloor) are great but I rarely ever buys clothes in TO - the pricing is just not competitive enough, so I'm quite ignorant of shops that carry multiple lines of interest.

After the imbecility of Over The Rainbow's behavior on here and the general stupidity of their staff, I've knocked them off my TO radar for good.

11. Master-Classter

Personally, I'm more interested in the inconspicuous shops that have like one item of interest.

--Randolph Engineering shades at aviation world on airport road.

--Long sleeve lacoste polos at Sporting Life (oddly, lacoste stores never seem to have LS polos in popular colors) -- WWM is also available at SL

--The Fred Perry shop is a must for polos (and easy parking on Queen West since it's further down from the action)

--Wilson's on Queen E. for Filson bags.

The SA's at TnT and Holt's (Bloor) are great but I rarely ever buys clothes in TO - the pricing is just not competitive enough, so I'm quite ignorant of shops that carry multiple lines of interest.

After the imbecility of Over The Rainbow's behavior on here and the general stupidity of their staff, I've knocked them off my TO radar for good.

+1, that's what I was thinking. I'm sure we all know most of the main ones, but I figured we each have our own little secret spots that carry some much loved but rare brands...

good call on sporting life...
    Filson bags are also available at TnT. there's that brand called "want", which looks pretty similar at Holt's too.
    Over the Rainbow's staff are generally crap, but there are actually one or two SA's who know what they're talking about.

I generally just go to the store and Holt's, even places like Lileo or Nomad jsut to fit stuff on then buy online for way way cheaper. Maybe not 100% eithical, but jeez their prices are just way off. like $50-100 more then online plus 15% taxes...

12. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

I generally just go to the store and Holt's, even places like Lileo or Nomad jsut to fit stuff on then buy online for way way cheaper. Maybe not 100% eithical, but jeez their prices are just way off. like $50-100 more then online plus 15% taxes...

Given where they're at, they're not hurting for business.

13. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

That's about it. My last purchase was two jeans from Farinelli's: a combined retail value of $615 USD that I got NWT for $150 USD shipped. Hence, there's simply nothing Canadian retailers can offer me (other than HR Last Call).

But, the Fred Perry polos, Lacoste, and RE shades are priced evenly, so I buy Canadian in those cases.

14. Master-Classter

Yeah, if the prices were even ballpark right, even adding taxes too, I'd happily buy from them. But when they're 25-30% more... don't think so...

Anyway, I added a bunch more stores (mostly filling out Queen West).

15. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I really wish I could help more in filling this out but I've seriously given up on shopping in Toronto.

Yet another person spoilt by the riches of the B&S forum.