Lesser 11oz.: Where's The Love?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Grammaton Cleric, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

I've heard murmurs around SF on how Lesser's 11oz. book isn't comparable to their Super Tropical or 13oz. offerings. Can someone, with experience with the fabric, please comment on why this is so. An answer more instructive that just "it has no guts" would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gramm

2. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

http://thelondonlounge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9804&hilit=lesser&start=15

3. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

Just to flesh out the "guts" point, I've tried H&S (wool/cashmere), Harrisons (fine classics), and Lesser (10 oz/13 oz), and IMO the Lesser has a tangibly different feel. It's clearly more matte, more dry, denser, rougher, and less wrinkle prone. Perhaps SF/LL groupthink has brainwashed me into thinking those are positive qualities, but anyone can see that the Lesser cloth is just different. Sounds like the 11 oz is more like the peer brand offerings, as Dopey pointed out in the LL post.

4. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

poorsod: Thanks

sellahi: Frankly, I would consider all those to be positives, and the hallmark of Lessers.

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

My first suit from Raphael was from this book and it was my last from that book. I can't say I don't like it, only that I like other similar options considerably more.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011