1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Less pricey shirtmakers in Paris??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by snowballer, Jun 19, 2012.

1. snowballer

snowballer Member

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Arnys and Charvet, but...... my wallet is not big enough to drop that kind of coin. I'm not particularly looking for bespoke shirts, OTR/RTW is fine and I'm looking to spend maybe 200-300 euros a shirt. Also I'm looking for something unique to Paris, I'm going there next month and looking for some unique finds. Could anyone help me out?

2. PiedBeau

PiedBeau Well-Known Member

Try "Courtot", rue de Rennes or "Lucca", bvd des batignolles.
    Both are bespoke shirt makers. Starting price should be around 200 €

3. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Although I have no experience with them, you might want to check out Edouard Courtot, which seems to be the choice of smart Parisians (who leave the better known names to the tourists). Just the shop alone is worth a visit, as it is in a beautiful 1950s time warp

Maison Courtot
    13 Rue de Rennes
    75006 Paris

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Here is an enormously long thread about the firm and it's product:

http://depiedencap.leforum.eu/t75-Chemises-Courtot.htm

PS: Ooops, beaten by PiedBeau

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  4. snowballer

snowballer Member

^That thread would be great... If i spoke french

5. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Get Google Chrome as a browser.

For any page coming up in a foreign language, chrome offers you an instant translation: This page is in French, Japanese, Italian whatever.....do you want it translated. Click "yes" and also "always translate French into English".

The translation might not have literary merits, but is perfectly comprehensible.

6. snowballer

snowballer Member

yeah... i realized that about a minute after i posted my reply... thanks for not being an ass about it