• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leonard Logsdail suit (with pictures)

GITU

Reaction score
I just commissioned a LL (jr) suit. Holland & Sherry 9oz fabric.Fits nicely. What do you think? Suits from his son starts at $900, this one was $1100 with the special fabric...

True MTM program. 2 button, notch lapel, single breasted, little shoulder padding...

He has countless fabrics to pick from in his dad's NYC showroom.

I've had one fitting thus far and am now wearing the suit to a wedding. I imagine at the next fitting I will have the jacket's chest brought in slightly.

Also, I also had a shirt made that fit perfectly. Better fit than any other I've tried (including Bergdorf Goodman, Charvet at Saks on 5th, CEGO, mytailor, moderntailor, etc). His shirts start at $115, if I recall correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what happens when you skimp on cost when getting a suit made even if it is MTM. I won't even start on the fit issues because I wouldn't expect multiple fittings/alterations at this price point but there is also just no finesse or understanding displayed here of how to flatter your form. It would have cost nothing to make that coat longer or that trouser waist higher, which would have given more semblance of unity to the piece.

Sorry to go Gordon Ramsay on this but it makes me mad. I don't know if I'm mad at you, Len Jnr or the pair of you.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
that suit fits horribly what is going on here

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much wrong to list. Button stance is too high and quarters are too open. Should not see your belt line and bottom of the tie. OTR and some tailoring would have been better and less expensive.

Wirr

Reaction score
That suit looks terrible man. Really really bad. Please be a troll.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
some obvious points -

button stance too high
lapels too small
huge collar gap
shoulders are a mess
rise of pants too low
no shape at all on the jacket

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope this is a joke. The skinny tie just tops it all off. Come on?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If he said LL Sr., then he would be a troll.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Len

Reaction score
This is not a perfect suit. But then again, it has not completed its full process yet. But I thank all of you for your polite opinions. However, as you are not privvy to the circumstances of the commission and delivery, or the actual body figurations, some comments offered are simply incorrect and misleading. It is very obvious to many the optimal look of what they consider a suit should be. But unless you are present at the placing of an order and know the parameters given, I believe someone, in the business particularly, should hold council. Which is why I do not comment on any of the garments I see shown on the different forums. Even those that have been stage-managed. But perhaps that's simply my experience.

That said, everyone is allowed his moment. I call it bravery behind a computer screen.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is not a perfect suit. But then again, it has not completed its full process yet. But I thank all of you for your polite opinions. However, as you are not privvy to the circumstances of the commission and delivery, or the actual body figurations, some comments offered are simply incorrect and misleading. It is very obvious to many the optimal look of what they consider a suit should be. But unless you are present at the placing of an order and know the parameters given, I believe someone, in the business particularly, should hold council. Which is why I do not comment on any of the garments I see shown on the different forums. Even those that have been stage-managed. But perhaps that's simply my experience.

That said, everyone is allowed his moment. I call it bravery behind a computer screen.

Well I have no desire to get into an argument about this, but you shouldn't be making a cheap product like this and we both know it. Your doing yourself and others in the business a disservice. With respect if I'm judging you too harshly it's because I hold you to a higher standard.

Im hoping this is a Troll thread.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics