• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leonard Logsdail advice? Comments? Past work?

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
7.jpg

logsdailburstownvyblzr1.jpg

- B

i was hoping to actually see a suit on a human being.

HelloMrFancyPants

Reaction score
I use Len for everything. If you don't like his Henry Poole-ish style the fact that he's one of the friendliest people in tailoring doesn't really mean anything.

I suppose the thing that separates him the most from others is that Len is at his best when I've got only a vague idea of what I'd like. I say "tweed" and I end up with a 3B suit in 15oz olive tweed with purple overcheck- awesome. He really loves going nuts on a fabric he really likes, and from thence come some of his most interesting (and in my opinion, stylish) creations. Of course, I understand that isn't how most commission clothing, but it is just about the most fun you can have at a tailor shop.

The other side of that is that sometimes his creativity gets a little out-of-hand. He's spent half a year trying to get me into wearing an Inverness cape. In town. Artists, sheesh.

I can't really think of any hard negatives against him, but that's just me. If you're into Neapolitan style or feel like cutting your own button holes, he's probably not for you. Not if you're in a hurry, either. Sometimes he can take four or five months to finish something. Still faster than Savile Row US tours, though.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HelloMrFancyPants
I use Len for everything. If you don't like his Henry Poole-ish style the fact that he's one of the friendliest people in tailoring doesn't really mean anything.

I suppose the thing that separates him the most from others is that Len is at his best when I've got only a vague idea of what I'd like. I say "tweed" and I end up with a 3B suit in 15oz olive tweed with purple overcheck- awesome. He really loves going nuts on a fabric he really likes, and from thence come some of his most interesting (and in my opinion, stylish) creations. Of course, I understand that isn't how most commission clothing, but it is just about the most fun you can have at a tailor shop.

The other side of that is that sometimes his creativity gets a little out-of-hand. He's spent half a year trying to get me into wearing an Inverness cape. In town. Artists, sheesh.

I can't really think of any hard negatives against him, but that's just me. If you're into Neapolitan style or feel like cutting your own button holes, he's probably not for you. Not if you're in a hurry, either. Sometimes he can take four or five months to finish something. Still faster than Savile Row US tours, though.

I don't mind waiting. I know he's said he is somewhat specialized in making hunting garments etc. I'm looking for something more modern/urban(as opposed to country-side)/structured/ either solid or chalkstripe i like the pockets relatively straight & I do like a ticket pocket.

I heard Len really does not like 3 button roll to 2.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HelloMrFancyPants

any photos u could share?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
i was hoping to actually see a suit on a human being.

For all the talk on here and AAAC about bespoke, it's nearly impossible to find pics of the bespoke suits on people. Wierd I say.
confused.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
For all the talk on here and AAAC about bespoke, it's nearly impossible to find pics of the bespoke suits on people. Wierd I say.
confused.gif

Are you kidding?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

i've seen some on AAAC and london lounge. I saw one nice suit from raphael.. i dont remember ever seeing anything else I really liked.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Nope. Prove me wrong.

I've posted dozens of pictures, as have Matt, mafoo, Vintage Gent, vox, yfyf, T4phage, etc. That's just off the top of my head. Many others have posted one or a few. The sample size is pretty enormous.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads