• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leonard Logsdail advice? Comments? Past work?

savvyibd

Reaction score
I'm going to try Leonard but would like to hear the consensus around here. I've heard he's extremely easy to work with, but would like to see some examples, and how his process works. Is there anything I should ask him when I see him?

Also, it seems his MTM and bespoke is almost the same; just that he sends the MTM out to be made. He seems like an upfront, nice guy, but am looking for more opinions.

Does he have any RTW in suits or other items?

Thanks.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
He did Denzel's suits in "American Gangster" fwiw.

savvyibd

Reaction score
Good movie, too.

I wonder about A Good Year - nice clothing in that. Reminds me of being in Provence again.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Len is a legitimate tailor with a Saville Row pedigree. A guy you would want to have a beer with. He also dresses Larry Kudlow.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've never had one made for me so I can't comment on fit, but the worksmanship is as good as anything. I've liked the Logsdail suits I've seen very much.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Len is a legitimate tailor with a Saville Row pedigree. A guy you would want to have a beer with. He also dresses Larry Kudlow.

Out of curiosity, how do all the tailoring big guns in the U.S. (like you and Logsdail) get to know each other? Is there a secret annual meeting?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Out of curiosity, how do all the tailoring big guns in the U.S. (like you and Logsdail) get to know each other? Is there a secret annual meeting?
And what do they say about your customers. Do you share manton stories? Have you agreed on a favorite message board, favorite poster?

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by savvyibd
I'm going to try Leonard but would like to hear the consensus around here. I've heard he's extremely easy to work with, but would like to see some examples, and how his process works. Is there anything I should ask him when I see him?

Also, it seems his MTM and bespoke is almost the same; just that he sends the MTM out to be made. He seems like an upfront, nice guy, but am looking for more opinions.

Does he have any RTW in suits or other items?

Thanks.

I haven't had anything made by him, but I have been in the shop a couple of times with other people. I know one customer who is satisfied.

He is very pleasant and nice. On the tailoring front he is the "real McCoy." He does not carry RTW tailored clothing, but you can see plenty of samples of finished clothes as well as works in progress. The only RTW are ties and some accessories.

It seems that you are new to the MTM/bespoke. I would trust Len in styling, cloth, fit, etc.

Good luck.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I first met Len at CTDA meetings, otherwise I like to go to other tailor shops and introduce myself. Most tailors are cordial enough. CTDA has very few practicing tailors as members anymore. Would like to go thru shops in Italy and meet more tailors. It would be great exposure to a disappearing trade.
I am like a sling shot in the big gun world but thanks.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I first met Len at CTDA meetings, otherwise I like to go to other tailor shops and introduce myself. Most tailors are cordial enough. CTDA has very few practicing tailors as members anymore. Would like to go thru shops in Italy and meet more tailors. It would be great exposure to a disappearing trade.

Hello Sir,

Where is your shop?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Don't be so modest. You are the best tailor on Styleforum

Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
Hello Sir,

Where is your shop?

He doesn't sell Tom Ford.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You cannot make a statement like that, you haven't met atailor or jeffreyd.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

He doesn't sell Tom Ford.

Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
Hello Sir,

Where is your shop?

711.47 miles west of NYC on the shore of Lake Michigan

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You cannot make a statement like that, you haven't met atailor or jeffreyd.

Well, given that it's the internet, you should discount any statement I make by about two or three degrees of truth and specificiity. So really, what I said was: "Despos is an okay dude--as far as I can tell."

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, given that it's the internet, you should discount any statement I make by about two or three degrees of truth and specificiity. So really, what I said was: "Despos is an okay dude--as far as I can tell."

Really what you said was that Despos doesn't sell Tom Ford.

Speaking of Ford, though we weren't, Details magazine reports that he suggest that all of hetero SF members who haven't slept with a guy do so immediately, and any gay members should get it on with a female at least once.

So sayeth the Ford, in the December issue.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 238 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.8%
  • 31 - 40