1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lenovo thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by indesertum, May 14, 2011.

1. highfalutin

highfalutin Senior member

You tried the Lenovo Outlet, right? Better yet, get a Chromebook. I have been using ThinkPad since forever but I am really glad I switched to Samsung to save time and frustration, even tough the hardware isn't as swank.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Well, Im an idiot. Mustve been a bad outlet I pugged in to.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

what's the story with the lenovo outlet? details?

4. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Yes my school. Everything is Lenovo 联想. My neighbours all have Lenovo cellphones. In fact one sees 'Lenovo 联想' everywhere here.

Lenovo has built on IBM's reputation for building quality, top notch products. Its the first Chinese company with a world reputation. Contrary to conventional wisdom, not all goods made in China are bottom of the barrel junk. I really like my Lenovo Thinkpad X120E.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  5. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Lenovo has a distinctive corporate feel. Its that IBM heritage. People expect that and it defines them. Its a classic look, especially with the famed Thinkpad series.

6. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Ideapads should be right up your alley. The u260 is a beautiful computer. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/products/l...pad/index.html and +1 to the Thinkpads being a great design. My x120e looks better than any other 10-12 in computer out there. (IMO)

I agree. The "notbook" is a good value in terms of price and quality. Before AMD came out with the Fusion chip, one had to pay thousands of dollars for a quality ultraportable computer. Netbooks have their uses but they're not meant for serious computing. The Thinkpad X120E changed it all.

7. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

To their detriment, they did have that horrifically and inexplicable bad design a few years back with an off-center screen: [​IMG]

8. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Yeah, that was a misfire. People wondered when IBM exited the PC business, whether the legendary quality of its products would be maintained. Happily, those fears have been largely misplaced.

9. djh

djh Senior member

lol Norman do you work for Lenovo?

That off center screen was to fit a larger wifi antenna. I had that computer for a while and never really noticed it.

10. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

lol... no I don't! But I must say as an aesthetic statement, a Thinkpad graces any room its in.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:inlove: my laptop is so pretty

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  12. Anonymouss

Anonymouss Member

Does anyone have a Thinkpad tablet? I am looking at picking one up this week, they look pretty cool.

13. badsha

badsha Senior member

X220 no. I did handle a W510 touchscreen. It was ok. Not sure if the X220 tablet screen will be as nice as an X220 IPS screen.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think he's talking about the new thinkpad tablet, not the thinkpad 220t

it looks dope. i like the aesthetics of it

15. badsha

badsha Senior member

Oh yeah you're right. Tablet going to have Android?

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

already out with honeycomb.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/29/thinkpad-tablet-review/

gorilla glass, ips screen, digitizer pen (should be better than a capacitative stylus ala ipad). i just wish they would use the wp7 os instead of android. android is way too buggy for me and i hear the wp7 handwriting recognition software is very very nice. i guess there's a workaround for that somehow.

also that clamshell keyboard accessory thing is very very cool. and the tablet looks like it's built like a thinkpad. super tempted

:hide: but i kinda want a toj quilted dr more than a tablet

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  17. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

that tablet review sounds pretty horrific for $499

18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

19. Bentech

Bentech Active Member

Had to share this.

If anyone is looking for a stupidly good deal on a thinkpad, or a computer in general look at this.

Core i5, 8 gigs of DDR3, 160GB ssd X220 for $799.99. (plus a free $100 microsoft giftcard).

Seriously, that's like half price. In my opinion the X220 is one of the best PCs currently on the market.

If I hadn't just bought an X220 a few months ago I would jump all over this

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...rue?siteID=dZCX6Je2w8Q-FqShAblHg6ieJ5v4dvU5uw

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011