Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Length of Chipp Neckwear Ties?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PekkaKarhunen, Sep 12, 2015.

1. PekkaKarhunen

PekkaKarhunen Member

Quick question for the board- does anyone who owns one of the Chipp Neckwear ties want to do me a solid and tell me how long it is? Grenadine, ancient madder, silk matka, knit- doesn't much matter to me, since just about all of them are on my buy list. I ask because I am a man whose legs connect almost directly to his armpits, and prefer a 55-56in tie (even if I use a double FIH).

Much obliged,
    Pekka

2. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

E-mail them. They're usually pretty quick to respond.

Cheers,

Ac

3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I bought a few a couple of years ago. The ones I have are 58" long, although that might not be representative of new ties. Since Paul over there runs a custom business, he might also be able to make you a bespoke tie if you're enamored with a particular fabric.

I say give him a call. He's very charming on the phone.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015

4. PekkaKarhunen

PekkaKarhunen Member

Thank you, both! I did send them an email, but as it's a Saturday, I thought maybe they'd be closed/someone on here might know too.

Cheers!

5. chippneckwear

chippneckwear Affiliate Vendor

I came across this question you posted many moons ago. We can shorten our ties. I can blunt cut and bind our standard ties for which there is no charge. ( Our standard ties are 58/59"). I can re-cut the tie to a point for which there is a $15 charge. Because the tail of the tie can be passed through the label and is not seen, most of my customers opt for the blunt cut.

Paul Winston
    Winston Tailors/ chippneckwear.com
    212 687-0850