• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

armellod.e

Reaction score
Huh, I guess so. Thanks for checking. I wonder if there's some YMO or Sakamoto in any of the Lemaire Spotify playlists yet...

cafedandy

Reaction score
What is most flattering about Lemaire pieces for you guys? I've only had a chance to try on a few different pants. I love my string pant a lot. It has a baggy relaxed feel to it but doesn't look sloppy, and I can wear it up higher on the waist to give it a smarter look. The way the pockets are darted(?) into the back end of the pocket opening to keep it laying flat against the leg is a really great attention to detail I appreciate. And I love the high rise.

Just wondering what other people love about the brand, as I'm just getting into it and excited to find more pieces to try on
To add to what @nighttimm said, what also attracted me to Lemaire is their philosophy of creating one's personal timeless wardrobe that one that just keeps building that doesn't change every six months - the Lemaire man and woman are stable and confident, yet also experimental at times. I think there was even one interview with them that mentioned the difference with an article of clothing looking good on a person vs the person looking good in that article of clothing - in which they believe they want their clothes to be of the former.

At first, some pieces can look boring or austere by itself, but when mixed with other pieces, it can look really great. With frequency of use, one will appreciate the attention to details (stitching, cuts and silhouettes) and materials, added with the story of their influences, create pieces that one will wear over and over, and will always work well with most pieces from every collection. One piece may also look the same as ones released in past seasons, but one will always notice some slight altered detail that makes their designs evolve.

This also spills over to their collaborations as well (Uniqlo, Sunspel, Veja, and more), and how generous they are in sharing their signature details (the low shirt pockets, which I love; the corozo nut buttons; the slanted pockets on denim; their general silhouette across all articles - these to name a few) and also looking at these at the same level as their mainline - Christophe always wears his own designs, and even the collab pieces, which for me just shows how confident he and Sarah is with their own designs.

yunBW

Reaction score
Need some sizing on this blazer. I’m a size 50-52 for suiting I wonder if a size S is fine? As it looks oversized

Attachments

• 1DFB78B7-B6EE-492E-BFF2-F94CEFB27C13.png
    1DFB78B7-B6EE-492E-BFF2-F94CEFB27C13.png
    750.8 KB · Views: 145

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@yunBW I think a small might be a bit too small for a 50-52. You can size down 1 from your usual size but anymore than that would be pushing it I think.

@grayfox
like @nighttimm said, restraint is a big part of it. It’s rare that anything is over designed. The fabrics and silhouettes are always stellar. The ease and elegance and shape of it all, but mostly I just feel the most comfortable and at ease in Lemaire. Everything just fits how I want to dress and I’m supremely comfortable and at home in everything.

yunBW

Reaction score
The sweaters had been a huge disappointment for me this season, but I just got the vneck and it’s pretty awesome.
View attachment 1269514

I was excited for the reverse seam saffron sweater and grabbed it as soon as East Dane put it up, but the fit was awful. If they made a XXL I would have tried that but the XL fit very small and short and just did not look good. The colour was great though.

Then I bought the hairy alpaca sweater thinking it would be like the OS seamless shetlands from a few winters ago, but again it fit very small and tight everywhere.

The vneck is a pretty regular fit, not over sized at all (if they made a bigger size I’d probably prefer it, but TTS is fine in this one.)
It’s thick and intricate and even smells really good. I’ll post a pic when it’s light out and I wear it.

I should have bought more of those OS shetlands....
I'm interested of purchasing this knit, what size do you usually go for tops? Because I'm went for a large or XL for this season Uniqlo U collection knit (mockneck L, V-neck Xl) and L for most clothes, Should I go a size up or stay tts for this knit?

Thanks!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since we'd just been talking about what it is that draws us to Lemaire I thought this podcast was pretty appropriate

It's a mixture of French and English so don't give up after the first few mins.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry for the bathroom pic but... The knitted military shirt is really nice.
It has a thick, dry hand fell and a very compact knit. And it’s a 2/10 on the itchy index.
I started out thinking I needed the brown but came around to like the black more for this kind of thing. Plus I have the khaki spring sweater already.
also worn with the tweed-ish elasticated pants from AW16 (or 15?)

9EE72155-7CA6-4342-A74C-A4B187839259.jpeg

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Damn dude, now you’re making me reconsider. Was gonna pass on it altogether after waffling for the past month. The khaki is almost all sold out anyway, so might try to snag the black.

Did you grab the XL or the L? I’m M normally but think I’d size up to the L.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@hayaoyamaneko I went with my normal size and got the XL. Its a good slouchy first but not too loose.

and the loose neck top just arrived too. It’s pretty cool and a good change up from the usual poplin long sleeves. Nice washed cotton with some fading. It’s kind of a ***** to put on but looks like the right size, and there are no XLs anyway.
9AE1BBAA-EA25-40EC-9BCF-CF52B48A2B95.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads