• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The trouser version are at a couple of places but only seem to be offered in small sizes, and most got the denim versions. And they run at least a full size small.
In terms of the poly blend though. There's some on the Lemaire webstore and
Blueberry - Taupe - Blueberry - Blueberry - https://tres-bien.com/lemaire-bootcut-pants-blueberry-fw19

yunBW

Reaction score
The trouser version are at a couple of places but only seem to be offered in small sizes, and most got the denim versions. And they run at least a full size small.
In terms of the poly blend though. There's some on the Lemaire webstore and
Blueberry - Taupe - Blueberry - Blueberry - https://tres-bien.com/lemaire-bootcut-pants-blueberry-fw19
I think small wouldn’t fit me, probably need a size 50 or 52. So would only denim version have most sizes Available ?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I need a 52 in them and even those were tight, and i've only saw the 52's in the denim.
Ssense and Matches have sizing charts of the green denim and blue and black denim

yunBW

Reaction score
Might give a try, how do they feel compare to the wool or cotton chino? Thanks

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Transitioning from the Uniqlo U collaboration as it has some of my favorite items especially the tees & fleece -- I wear their LS tshirts all the time; so, I thought I check out the main line Lemaire.

Does anyone have this Overshirt & can advise on sizing, etc?

grayfox

Reaction score
What is most flattering about Lemaire pieces for you guys? I've only had a chance to try on a few different pants. I love my string pant a lot. It has a baggy relaxed feel to it but doesn't look sloppy, and I can wear it up higher on the waist to give it a smarter look. The way the pockets are darted(?) into the back end of the pocket opening to keep it laying flat against the leg is a really great attention to detail I appreciate. And I love the high rise.

Just wondering what other people love about the brand, as I'm just getting into it and excited to find more pieces to try on

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Transitioning from the Uniqlo U collaboration as it has some of my favorite items especially the tees & fleece -- I wear their LS tshirts all the time; so, I thought I check out the main line Lemaire.

Does anyone have this Overshirt & can advise on sizing, etc?

I have the indigo denim one. I love it, wear it all the time (wearing it today).
It's a simple piece but the cut is great, the fabric is soft from day 1, it has enough little details.
I went true to size (52) and I think that was the right call, I can fit a tee under it comfortably. If you wanted to layer a knit or something under it I think you'd need to size up. I couldn't imagine sizing down at all.
FWIW it seems like the clover and black denim ones are cut a little bit slimmer.

nighttimm

Reaction score
What is most flattering about Lemaire pieces for you guys? I've only had a chance to try on a few different pants. I love my string pant a lot. It has a baggy relaxed feel to it but doesn't look sloppy, and I can wear it up higher on the waist to give it a smarter look. The way the pockets are darted(?) into the back end of the pocket opening to keep it laying flat against the leg is a really great attention to detail I appreciate. And I love the high rise.

Just wondering what other people love about the brand, as I'm just getting into it and excited to find more pieces to try on

I think you’ve done well starting with pants. They do a great pant. My favorites are the twisted seam from this season and the two-pleats from any season. Lemaire was really ahead of the curve in terms of offering a wider, roomier fit that felt fresh and doable.

Outerwear is their strongest suit IMO. Coats and jackets generously cut but well-tailored in beautiful, hardwearing fabrics. Get yourself a wool kaftan or chesterfield--two of their signatures--and you’re set for life.

Needless to say (but I will), the color palettes are impeccable. I like that they cover their bases with black/navy/grey/brown, but supplement with brighter hues and prints that fit seamlessly into the look. I used to wear all black, and it's only because of Lemaire that I've become receptive to color at all.

Generally, I just really appreciate their restraint. I often see pieces from other brands and that are good...but off just slightly. Could be the shape of something or an unnecessary detail. Doesn’t happen much with Lemaire. Most of their pieces appear exactly as they should be.

Their sensibility is minimal, but never antiseptic. Simultaneously timeless, nostalgic, and current, but never too trendy. Je ne sais quoi. Welcome to the club.

armellod.e

Reaction score
Anybody remember details from when the SS18 printed viscose shirt went on sale? I've always thought it looked like this one shirt YMO wore in concert:

I only remember seeing it listed as "multicolor" but I just saw it was once listed as "imprimé ymo." No real point in knowing but it would be cool if it really is.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm, i never saw that. i just checked my tag and it just says multicolour.
It does make sense that YMO would be a reference for Lemaire though.
He's a pretty noted fan of that era of funk/electro/etc

F66FE8E5-C48B-4D23-A060-1C9974B8068C.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads