• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
@hayaoyamaneko
The second hand market has always seemed pretty scarce to me for older seasons though, where do you find most of it?

Probably same as you (though I have the advantage of being size 48, a more common size. Sometimes 50 if I can swing the oversize).

eBay (global search), Grailed, Rakuten, Yahoo Auctions, Vestiaire Collective, TheRealReal

Though I’ve been trying to find any and all more obscure resources I can lately. If anyone has some hot tips, I’m all ears

cafedandy

Reaction score
Probably same as you (though I have the advantage of being size 48, a more common size. Sometimes 50 if I can swing the oversize).

eBay (global search), Grailed, Rakuten, Yahoo Auctions, Vestiaire Collective, TheRealReal

Though I’ve been trying to find any and all more obscure resources I can lately. If anyone has some hot tips, I’m all ears
There are some nice pieces from time to time at Yahoo Auctions, it helps to search in Japanese (ルメール for Lemaire). Then you can use Zenmarket to be the proxy to purchase these for you. So far good experience. I see a lot of pieces before Lemaire’s rebrand when he still used the clover icon.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As an example, recently picked these pants up finally and what a nice hand on the wool and beautiful brown color. Zipper front! Winnar!

From the runway, first look I believe from FW17.

armellod.e

Reaction score
There are some nice pieces from time to time at Yahoo Auctions, it helps to search in Japanese (ルメール for Lemaire). Then you can use Zenmarket to be the proxy to purchase these for you. So far good experience. I see a lot of pieces before Lemaire’s rebrand when he still used the clover icon.
Yeah, I've looked through a lot of such auctions and have been wondering about some of those old logos. I wasn't really aware of Lemaire pre-branding change, but my understanding is that from at least the early aughts to 2014 all of the stuff was under the same branding/logo, just "Christophe Lemaire" with the clover in the middle

but specifically on Yahoo auctions and Japanese consignment stores pages on eBay and the like, you sometimes see old clothes just under Lemaire, stylized like "--LEMAIRE," with a clover at the end. Bad pics, but something like this

Maybe there's not much point in learning the details of the story but I've started to think that there must've been, at some point, a separate Japanese line, like Margaret Howell? Reading the tags on these, most of the later stuff under Christophe Lemaire is made in EU, and the earlier stuff mostly in France, but stuff under the latter name is always made in Japan. I did some digging last year to find if that really was the case, just to put it to rest, but never found any mentions of a Lemaire sub-brand or Japanese capsule or whatever.

?‍♂️

cafedandy

Reaction score
Yeah, I've looked through a lot of such auctions and have been wondering about some of those old logos. I wasn't really aware of Lemaire pre-branding change, but my understanding is that from at least the early aughts to 2014 all of the stuff was under the same branding/logo, just "Christophe Lemaire" with the clover in the middle
View attachment 1243064
but specifically on Yahoo auctions and Japanese consignment stores pages on eBay and the like, you sometimes see old clothes just under Lemaire, stylized like "--LEMAIRE," with a clover at the end. Bad pics, but something like this
View attachment 1243067 View attachment 1243068 View attachment 1243070
Maybe there's not much point in learning the details of the story but I've started to think that there must've been, at some point, a separate Japanese line, like Margaret Howell? Reading the tags on these, most of the later stuff under Christophe Lemaire is made in EU, and the earlier stuff mostly in France, but stuff under the latter name is always made in Japan. I did some digging last year to find if that really was the case, just to put it to rest, but never found any mentions of a Lemaire sub-brand or Japanese capsule or whatever.

?‍♂️
No worries, we had this discussion some months ago on the evolution of the Lemaire branding, around page 148 as of this time that you can check, and the latter images of the logo you posted was when his brand was mostly popular and made in Japan in the 90s, than in France. When he joined Lacoste, at some point, the brand went on hiatus, then after he relaunched it as Christophe Lemaire towards the end of his term, and once again with the clover icon designed by Yorgo&Co., then later on rebranded by Atelier Dyakova. It’s nice to see some details evolve and some still present in the details of his recent collections.

armellod.e

Reaction score
No worries, we had this discussion some months ago on the evolution of the Lemaire branding, around page 148 as of this time that you can check, and the latter images of the logo you posted was when his brand was mostly popular and made in Japan in the 90s, than in France. When he joined Lacoste, at some point, the brand went on hiatus, then after he relaunched it as Christophe Lemaire towards the end of his term, and once again with the clover icon designed by Yorgo&Co., then later on rebranded by Atelier Dyakova. It’s nice to see some details evolve and some still present in the details of his recent collections.
Oh, fantastic. Thanks. That settles it perfectly then. I'd never read about the agencies that did the branding. Yeah, I love seeing the older designs and details change and reappear through the years. This thread's the best.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The suede blouson is finally purchasable on the webstore, but they only have a 48 :(

They have some other new things up too. Workwear blouson, neck satchel things, brown studded belt (@gettoasty ).

Ssense added some new things last night too.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gettoasty I ordered it a few days ago :) It's supposed to arrive next Monday.
I almost pre-ordered it because I thought it was raw denim but once they said it was poplin I decided not to. But that was before they made it with the big collar.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would be legitimately shocked if the sidezips are shell

For what it's worth all the stuff on the Lemaire site refers to them as "shell cordovan type". The slippers and desert boots are elk and the short boots are goat, so it is possible they are shell.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see Lemaire non-collab footwear making it to stores

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth all the stuff on the Lemaire site refers to them as "shell cordovan type". The slippers and desert boots are elk and the short boots are goat, so it is possible they are shell.
Oh wow. Looks like matches made a ~$350 pricing error like you mentioned before.

Last edited:

MeatFish

Reaction score
As an example, recently picked these pants up finally and what a nice hand on the wool and beautiful brown color. Zipper front! Winnar!

From the runway, first look I believe from FW17.

View attachment 1242943
Those pants are so good. Had them but the sizing ran a touch small. If anybody’s getting rid of those 2 pleats in a 52 let me know!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are they the rust 2 pleats?
If so, I have a pair of 52s I haven’t worn yet.
I’ll dig them out and let you know if I sell them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads