• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man i still just don't know about the heel.
I just keep thinking it's the kind of thing that looks amazing in lookbooks but irl would look forced or too cosplay.
Although what I'm wearing today is pretty heavily 70s influenced so I really don't know.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Weird thing, the price suddenly changed from GBP 470 a few hours ago and now to GBP 565 :-O

nighttimm

Reaction score
Same @OccultaVexillum the heel is just a bit too high for me.
It looks like an A.P.C. x Saint Laurent hybrid. Sleek but stylized to such a degree that I know I wouldn't want to wear them forever (the lie I tell myself to justify anything Lemaire).

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man i still just don't know about the heel.
I just keep thinking it's the kind of thing that looks amazing in lookbooks but irl would look forced or too cosplay.
Although what I'm wearing today is pretty heavily 70s influenced so I really don't know.
I understand it's a lot to take on, but I'm sure you could get those heels taken down an inch fairly easy.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@MGoCrimson @malcb33 it’s not versatility I’m worried about, more so whether or not I’d feel “comfortable” in them or if I’d feel like I was wearing a costume. They are cool, no doubt

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@MGoCrimson @malcb33 it’s not versatility I’m worried about, more so whether or not I’d feel “comfortable” in them or if I’d feel like I was wearing a costume. They are cool, no doubt
I hear ya. I had a similar issue with a pair of boots (although not as high as those). They looked fine, but the height just felt weird when wearing them. Had the cobbler take out a few stacks and they felt much better.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any belts from Lemaire this season? Preferably in brown? This season or prior is fine, interested.

Landau

Reaction score

Might as well just order them and try them on in your house and get a feel for what they look like in person. You cant really walk around too much because, you know, returns, but no point hemming and hawing on a what if.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might.
I mean I had some Haider Chelseas with a heel that I really liked, they were just a size too big. If I ever found a 44 in those I’d buy them again.
The lemaire heel is higher though.

564874E8-291D-41E9-9E0C-C5AE82633EFE.jpeg

Landau

Reaction score
Whats the height difference? I honestly think it'll be fine, and that if anyone here could pull them off it'd be you. Im actually kind of surprised Haider's chelseas look that short; I figured he'd go 40/60mm, and those look to be 20mm/30mm (?, maybe Im just bad with pictures).

I have no experience with Lemaire footwear, so I can't speak to build quality or whatnot, but assuming he isn't Dries and doesn't butcher the leather on his footwear, horsehide/shell (probably horsehide that they call cordovan) is going to be great. Shapes pretty cool. If the only thing thats holding you back is the heel, I'd say go for it, dial in your sizing and be a bad customer and sleep on it until sales hits.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any belts from Lemaire this season? Preferably in brown? This season or prior is fine, interested.

There's the studded belt and the minimal western belt this season.
I want one but can't make a decision.
Neighbour has the western, Lemaire webshop has the black studded belt.
La Garconne has both black and brown studded belts too.
They seem to be more available at womens stores than mens.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got the indigo denim overshirt in a 52.
I think this size “looks” right but it is kind of restrictive across the back and shoulders when it’s buttoned, which has me a bit nervous about shrinkage. I was planning on just wearing it as first layer.
It’s very soft and comfortable though m.
cool details like an extended tab two button cuff.
It seems like the washed olive one is more popular but I’ve wanted a lemaire denim shirt forever. I was never able to get my hands on the straight collar denim shirt.

B3D41668-A2F6-4917-8B4E-AE44FAC9CDE0.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads