• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On foot.

193059EF-9EA9-4BC2-BDFF-633EBEDE917F.jpeg

6272509C-B529-4DFB-AACB-9903DF3A574C.jpeg

5174FD3F-A943-4546-9D53-12778BB401F7.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Citaro
I got 45s, and I'm usually a US 12, so true to size. They do fit snug though and If your'e between sizes I'd go up.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the veja aquasocks for 65 bucks from east dane, pretty excited considering I was going to pick up near retail. Anybody happen to know how the belts fit? I really like the studded belt they put out, but don't want to gamble on sizing. I'm a 32/33 waist. How does the email feedback work from lemaire.fr? Was considering emailing asking length of smallest and largest distance hole from end of belt.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve got two lemaire belts, one in a 95 and one in 100. I’m a 34 waist. I’d say you’d want a 90 or 95. Those belt numbers are typically the length in cm fwiw

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
more new things on East Dane, i really like this diaganol stripe viscose but I think i want it in the straight collar shirt instead of another zip shirt.

also the short hairy coat is in Harrods.
teddy-jacket_000000006424371004_4.jpg

Neighbour is getting something in that fabric too but i don't remember if they got the long coat or the short jacket.

Love the teddy jacket but the price is off the charts.

NO MERCY

Reaction score
ssense put up the furry jacket as well. asking more than harrods.

found some close-ups of the wool twill blouson on instagram, the color in these looks more appealing than most of the product shots i've seen so far:

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Can anyone here speak to (or point me in direction of information regarding) the provenance of some of the fabrics lemaire uses?

I recall some talk about the sources of handmade knits and the like, but was never sure where that info came from. Would definitely be interested if there's more such info floating around somewhere about the fabrics used in other pieces.

Ciaostyle

Reaction score
Can anyone here speak to (or point me in direction of information regarding) the provenance of some of the fabrics lemaire uses?

I recall some talk about the sources of handmade knits and the like, but was never sure where that info came from. Would definitely be interested if there's more such info floating around somewhere about the fabrics used in other pieces.
I think this is something Lemaire can improve on, they should really tell the story if they used some special fabrication process for their garments; that would help justify their price-point.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They do a very bad job at it.
I was the one who mentioned that handknit peruvian sweater and the only reason I knew any of that was because I asked a buyer why it was so expensive when they showed me the line sheet, and then the buyer asked the Lemaire people in the showroom. When that piece was actually released during the season I'm pretty sure Ssense was the only place that carried it but they didn't make any mention of the origin or dye process.
I mean, I'd say the majority of Lemaire fabrics, while very nice, aren't as special as that. The paisley printed wool silk was incredibly luxe but it was still just a wool/silk that they had printed/dyed whatever. Not any kind of deadstock fabric or custom weave. The paisley mohair sweater was apparently a custom knit, and nobody mentioned that at all either, but they evidently wanted to play around with a knit with a high elastane content. Not that elastane is expensive, but i guess the custom process might explain the price.
The pricing has gotten much higher but i think thats just them shifting market position.

Opening Ceremony just put up lemaire stuff but it's like one size 46 or 48 in each piece. Hopefully there still updating stock.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anybody is interested in my size 50 blacksmith jacket let me know. I just got an offer and am about to sell it but would prefer to sell it here to a fellow a Lemaire farmer.
Obviously for cheaper than Grailed and the offer I got there as well.
E10F02F6-6350-4B5E-BFE3-BDB9CD9672B5.jpeg

F6679E19-0183-4244-8ABF-CA46F8BC24AB.jpeg

C756500F-DB91-404B-85EC-42AB71650231.jpeg

Reactions: msg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads