• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I haven’t seen anything either.
The past few years they do a pre-sale around Black Friday, then it closes and re-opens around the new year before opening to the public.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lemaire webshop Sale starts tomorrow so I guess they didn’t even do pre-sales online this time around.

Also, it might be worth checking Nordstrom every now and then. They did a big restock last week but have also been restocking a few things daily. I managed to get a couple of things that I thought I’d missed out on (viscose zip shirt, wool flap pocket shirt, chalk spread collar shirt) all for 70% off

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ayy the db alpaca is only $2900 now. Whoever grabbed the one from Need for $2500 got a hell of a deal

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A few impressions on the zip shirt and flap pocket Overshirt that I just got.

The zip shirt is the same Tencel fabric as the elasticated pants and straight collar shirt. The fit is that kind of awkward Lemaire shape that he’s done on these kind of zip shirt-jackets before; wider shoulders with high armholes, with a narrow chest and wide cuffs. I wish there were snap buttons at the cuff or some method to tighten but it’s a simple single button shirt sleeve cuff

image.jpg

I like it, but I can definitely see why they sat at pretty big discounts. The Havana jacket from a few summers ago had the same thing going on and people weren’t into that once they tried it. The weird-ish fit works with the weird style though and playing around with the collar is fun, especially if you suddenly feel like you want to look like Dracula real quick.
I wanted it to wear in place of a regular button up with some of my Lemaire “suits” and it’s actually pretty perfect or that.

The Overshirt is cool. Definitely oversized. I know @leeba went down to a S and found it small. but I think he would have taken an L in past seasons so that’s like 2 down. I took an XL because it’s all that was left but had a feeling the L would have been better, and if an L came back up I’d exchange it for this. But it is an oversized, Overshirt so it’s not a surprise and it’s still workable as it is. It actually has a coaches jacket feel, especially if you tighten it up with the drawcord waist
The fabric is cool, I was thinking it was just a flat wool suiting but it’s a nice diaganol twill.

E033B456-BDFD-46CB-859B-06D621CB7E17.jpeg

I’m still undecided on keeping either one tbh but that’s more because I’m just trying to buy less and sell more (if anybody wants either of them send me a DM, if I do sell I would do so at the same 70% off price I paid from Nord).

If I keep them I’ll try and get fits up some time

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IIRC then the old 3 would equal roughly a current 48 or medium.

I have shirts that are tagged size 4 and fit an L/50 (but are intentonally oversized, fwiw), and I have pants in both 3 (elasticated) and 4 (suit pants) that fit me well as a typical size 34/50/L

Also, I'm returning the zip shirt and flap pocket overshirt to Nordstrom. If anybody is interested in either one at cost before I send them away then let me know. ~210 for the overshirt and ~115 for the zip shirt. I can take a look at the receipt and give me exact $$ if anybody actually wants them.

I've also got the corduroy blouson, black, 52 if anybody wants that for what I paid too (~260). It fits more true to size than the felted wool version of the blousons (which fit pretty huge)

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the tapered elastic waistband wool pants from this season? Are the buttons at the cuff as strange as I think they’ll be?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@MGoCrimson If you're talking about the 'large elasticated pants' then just beware you need to size down, at least 1 but maybe even 2.
The buttoning is a little weird. Kind of difficult to get through the eye as well.
FWIW I own the tencel but tried the wool and the jersey too and they all fit the same (read: enormous in the waist).

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@MGoCrimson If you're talking about the 'large elasticated pants' then just beware you need to size down, at least 1 but maybe even 2.
The buttoning is a little weird. Kind of difficult to get through the eye as well.
FWIW I own the tencel but tried the wool and the jersey too and they all fit the same (read: enormous in the waist).
They’re the ones on Nordstrom, not sure of the naming elsewhere. Dang so you’re taking a 46? That’s nuts.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah those are the 'Large elasticated pants'.

I have a 50 in the tencel, I wore them a few times before wanting to size down so I'm kind of stuck with them.
But yeah on the wool ones I tried 48's and the jersey I tried a 46. I'd probably opt for 48's but the 46's were actually fine, just less oversized and drapey than the 48.

The waist on my 50's is about 21" accross when it's relaxed, so it stretches more than that, even when I tighten the drawstring as much as I can it's loose and slips down on me.

cfb7495f-f459-4394-a53f-301293697304-jpeg.1059090

FW18M_Lemaire_look_16.jpg

FW18M_Lemaire_look_06.jpg

FW18M_Lemaire_look_18.jpg

FW18M_Lemaire_look_37.jpg

FW18M_Lemaire_look_04.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads