• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody picked up this seasons Mules? @Newcomer You did right?
Are they soft/comfortable or is the sole pretty stiff?

Pastamancer

Reaction score
Hello -- hope everyone's having a nice Saturday. Weirdly chilly where I am today and I'm wearing:

S/S 2013 (?) linen mac in black
F/W 2017 (?) denim band-collar shirt
Drawsting pants
S/S 2019 black crush-back loafers

Attachments

• IMG_5254.jpg
    IMG_5254.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 112

Theradiohero

Reaction score
I had an interesting experience today buying a small croissant bag locally and was thrilled to get my hands on one for a stellar price (always the dumbest trap to fall for). Seller was nice and the bag at first glanced passed all the tests but after looking it over for a long time I came to the conclusion that it was fake. The logo was so very close but I couldn't help but notice that that M was different enough that it wasn't the correct font. What do you guys think, did I make the right call?

Attachments

• IMG_5196.JPG
    IMG_5196.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5199.PNG
    IMG_5199.PNG
    978.6 KB · Views: 68

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you’re only concern is the shape/size of the M on the logo you’re probably fine. Maybe it’s just from a different season when they had a slightly different label patch or something.
Heres the label in mine fwiw.
I bought mine off matches last season.
859D40C4-28BD-4297-9825-ECCF66CF9139.jpeg

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a online store that may still have the ballerinas on sale? especially on a discount?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
None that I know of but they are coming back for next season.
actually matches already has them up as “coming soon”.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I have a pair, they’re kind of loose. I’m usually a US12 in sneakers and all my other Lemaire footwear, I have the 45 and it’s the right size but a little loose with my regular Uniqlo socks

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah yep. sounds like the rare second hand one i found in Japan is gonna be a bit too big for me then! will have to wait until next season. Regret not pulling the trigger from the main Lemaire site a few months ago in my exact size.

biabia

Reaction score
Anyone know why Matches has the western belt coming soon for $235? Is this for next season? Matches also has it currently in stock for $315 but the size I am interested in is sold out.

Tristian

Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum The trousers look great. I picked up the black ventile blazer and was just wondering if you could confirm that the ventile on the 4 pleats feels the same as the fabric of the blazer (minus the light wadded feel, of course). I ask because I'm thinking about ordering the "tapered 5 pockets pants" in the same fabric, too. Also, if anyone has picked up a pair of the 5 pocket ventile pants and can speak to the sizing of them that would help me out a lot.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah it’s the same fabric, the 4 pleats I have are last seasons fwiw. But it’s the same light, crisp, soft fabric.
and I have the tapered 5 pockets but in the beige denim and I sized up. I ordered my normal size (50) and the 52 and liked the look of the 50 more but they were definitely too tight. There’s some pics a few pages back.

Tristian

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I guess I just worry that the ventile will be much less forgiving than denim in terms of the waist/stretch, so perhaps it's best I size up, too. How are you liking the overshirt ? I noticed you put denim in quotation marks, does it not feel as such?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads