• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! Sounds about the same as last season then.
what colour/fabric are the 2 pleats you have? Poly/wool?

Tristian

Reaction score
I ended up keeping the poly/wool (55/45) taupe version, but tried on the iron grey 48s which were lovely, too. I'm happy with the choice in the end, I think. The silk ones were tempting, but the price was a bit much for me. Let me know if you'd like full measurements for the 50!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks that’s cool. I have the black 100% wool gab from the first time they did this cut and a pair of the silk in coal. Both size 50 and both measure ~17.25” in the waist. But it seems like the last seasons they’ve run a bit small

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ventile patch pocket blazer and ventile regular shirt
I sized down on the blazer to a Large and am super happy with it. It fits like a 52 in the old soft jackets. Im not a fan of oversized blazers.
I went tts (XL) on the regular shirt and fit is great too.
the garment dyed ventile Is super nice and the wadding on the blazer make it feel really comfortable and soft and cozy.

0EF0FB01-DE6E-41D0-8D29-EFBC96641F41.jpeg

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down on the blazer to a Large and am super happy with it. It fits like a 52 in the old soft jackets. Im not a fan of oversized blazers.
the garment dyed ventile Is super nice and the wadding on the blazer make it feel really comfortable and soft and cozy.

View attachment 1600404
Man I'm not much of a blazer wearer but this pic makes me thirst for one of these!

Tristian

Reaction score

View attachment 1600404
This looks wonderful. I was planning on asking about your experience with any of the ventile items, and it looks like this is my in! Having no experience with ventile myself, would you describe it as “technical” feeling in any way, or more so just a kind of densely woven cotton? Is it lightweight? Breathable for humid weather?

I had my eyes set on the regular shirt, blazer, AND 5 pockets, but haven’t been happy with any shop’s styling of any of them, and the sizing info has been inconsistent so this picture is exactly what I was hoping for.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The ventile is light and dry and soft (I think the softness is due to the garment dye though more than the fabric).
I just got these two pieces so I’m not sure how they’d wear in humid weather specifically, but from other ventile stuff I have it is like a slightly heavier poplin and fairly breathable. I wouldn’t say it feels technical at all though, this feels like a shirt and blazer ive had and worn for months already. Nice and lived in.

dfuzz

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a pair of the heavier Indigo Denim Twisted Jeans after wear / washings / dry cleanings that they could photograph and post? Curious how they fade / wear. Did they shrink at all?

Mine are kind of stiff right now and Lemaire suggested dry cleaning but I'm tempted to handwash with Woolite Darks. A clothing designer ex gf told me that apparel companies suggest dry cleaning to protect themselves from people's use of harsh detergents and such.

Also vaguely considering the lighter denim ones.

Thanks.

Tristian

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a pair of the heavier Indigo Denim Twisted Jeans after wear / washings / dry cleanings that they could photograph and post? Curious how they fade / wear. Did they shrink at all?

Mine are kind of stiff right now and Lemaire suggested dry cleaning but I'm tempted to handwash with Woolite Darks. A clothing designer ex gf told me that apparel companies suggest dry cleaning to protect themselves from people's use of harsh detergents and such.

Also vaguely considering the lighter denim ones.

Thanks.
I know this isn’t the answer you’re after, but my black twisted jeans seem to be prematurely fraying (?)/ turning white around the seams and the edges of the hand pocket after just one wash. I too launder on gentle and use woolite dark, so it annoys me a little to see this happen so quick after a few wears and one gentle wash. Hopefully this photo gives everyone something of an idea.

Having worked in a shop in the past that stocks Lemaire, I also think the dry cleaning warning (with regard to certain cotton pieces) is for the most part a protective measure. The same thing was actually said about steaming their garments, too, and that it should be avoided to protect the fabric.

Attachments

• FB91313F-9788-48B8-95B6-061D33DB69CE.jpeg
    FB91313F-9788-48B8-95B6-061D33DB69CE.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 158

dfuzz

Reaction score
@Tristian Wow, sorry to hear after just one wash. Did you hang dry?

If this helps, I've had great luck re-dying black denim black in a huge stockpot on the stovetop. You may be able to 'reset' the color of those frays and make them less apparent.

Tristian

Reaction score
@Tristian Wow, sorry to hear after just one wash. Did you hang dry?

If this helps, I've had great luck re-dying black denim black in a huge stockpot on the stovetop. You may be able to 'reset' the color of those frays and make them less apparent.

I did both an inside-out, gentle cycle wash, and a hang dry, yes. Also, my jeans didn't shrink in any noticeable way, so I don't think you have much to worry about in that regard unless the fabric is wildly different or something.

This re-dying technique sounds great, thank you, and something I'll definitely consider if it continues fraying quicker than I would like. With that said, I am really interested to see a faded, broken-in indigo pair of the twisted jeans eventually.

dfuzz

Reaction score
@Tristian re: faded, broken-in indigo pair of the twisted jeans -- I may have to go there. they're too damn stiff and awkward to wear in warm weather. and one wash just leaves them looking like basic denim. it's either fully committing to not washing / waiting a year and letting things happen or washing them pretty regularly.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to be listing a couple of sought-after pieces on Grill'd in a day or two, would rather give dibs to someone on SF:

- Owl Kaftan, sz 44
B52FE8D8-EEDF-40C9-8118-ED748682CC49.jpeg
602F5084-F0B5-4378-BD2C-2950DC320312.jpeg
3A337A97-B7D3-4078-8265-C7AD85900388.jpeg
63A29505-4040-4280-A865-E088162525AD.jpeg

- FW13 Yak/Wool Cardigan - tagged size 1
C9BFB411-29D9-4367-9A89-CBF7C145BF35.jpeg
E42CCAB6-71B8-4A86-B424-38367AA5F7C4.jpeg

**Same the one @gettoasty is wearing below:

15420750513_e2ca0f4768_c.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads