• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dope. She’s dope. Lemaires dope. Dope all round.

Fit:
C4976469-66F6-4FA2-B20F-B001B6A424D5.jpeg

AW20 brown wool/poly convertible collar LS shirt
SS20 printed convertible collar shirt
SS?? Chalk denim
SS21 Beige suede Chinese slippers

Last edited:

vanoorttim

Reaction score
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me out. I am desperately looking for the shirt below in size M. Any tips would be welcome!

Lemaire shirt.jpg

Antonioni

Reaction score
Hey guys! I was about to bite the bullet on this beautiful dark brown Poly-Wool blazer, but SSENSE only stocks it at an XS right now. Was gravitating more towards an S, but I’m not really sure about the sizing for this piece! Can anyone help me out? ? I’m only at 171cm, and 61kg/135lbs.

Thanks so much! View attachment 1542982 1
Just in case anyone still needs some help on this:

I went ahead and got the piece in a size S! I would say it fits pretty true to size :) I’m not the tallest chap in the world, so I still need to have an inch tailored off before it’s absolutely perfect, but as it is, it fits pretty well already! For those in warmer climates-- it’s not the lightest jacket. Definitely a F/W or indoor piece!

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone still needs some help on this:

I went ahead and got the piece in a size S! I would say it fits pretty true to size :) I’m not the tallest chap in the world, so I still need to have an inch tailored off before it’s absolutely perfect, but as it is, it fits pretty well already! For those in warmer climates-- it’s not the lightest jacket. Definitely a F/W or indoor piece!
An inch tailored of the sleeves or back length or both?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean the db blazers are long by intent, shortening it would be real weird imo especially with flap pockets as @Chaconne mentioned. I can understand it might be longer than you’re comfortable with but I feel like it’s better to simply embrace it or move on from it.

Antonioni

Reaction score
You’re not concerned that shortening the length would make the pockets look too low? That’s a beautiful jacket by the way!

Very valid! I would say the pocket details on this piece are slightly higher than most, if not all the other jackets I have, which should give some leeway for the proportions of the piece to stay in tact, even with an inch (maximum) taken off!

And it absolutely is stunning— will definitely be staying in my collection for a long, long time, hence all my internal debate on tailoring hahaha.

Antonioni

Reaction score
I mean the db blazers are long by intent, shortening it would be real weird imo especially with flap pockets as @Chaconne mentioned. I can understand it might be longer than you’re comfortable with but I feel like it’s better to simply embrace it or move on from it.

Haha, all good! I’ll definitely be holding off any decisions on tailoring until after I’ve properly styled and worn it a couple times to get a better feel for the piece! It’s a very minimal adjustment, but at my height, proportions are everything ahaha. But yes, would absolutely prefer enjoying the piece as it is!

javy

Reaction score

jnco's back :inlove:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads