• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice.
So looks like wrapover shirt is TTS even though it measures big.
Would you size down on the judo pants since the waist is loose and can be cinched?

vanoorttim

Reaction score
Nice.
So looks like wrapover shirt is TTS even though it measures big.
Would you size down on the judo pants since the waist is loose and can be cinched?

I just received the short sleeve shirt (open cotton shirting) in black size M and the judo pants in size M. For me personally, the shirt fits as intended but the pants don't as they are quite oversized. I am thinking of ordering a size S. Please note that size M for pants for me are normally a bit too small but in the case of the judo pant not even close, in fact they are on the larger side. I'm 1.81m

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! This is kind of where my head is at. I can be anywhere from a 48 to 52 in Lemaire pants but TTS is generally a 50. But with the pants that have a large cinch waist I have gone with a 48 in the past (military pants, large pants, string pants...)

armellod.e

Reaction score
Was always curious about the shirt Sarah-Linh wore to the summer 18 runway...looks like it's an older design by Christophe. Cute detail.

2.png

1.png

Last edited:

Pastamancer

Reaction score
Picked up the flared wide-leg jeans and pyjama top in tobacco. Really dig the jeans -- these will be fun to step out in once things open up again. They have a really crisp feel and the cut is retro in a good way. Sit high on the waist but aren't egregiously tight in the crotch, like some other Lemaire jeans I've tried. Am less certain on the pyjama top. I wish the arms were a little bit shorter/less billowy -- they make me feel like I'm a kid trying my dad's clothes -- although I like the way the piece looks tucked in. Breaks up some of the boxiness. Color is beautiful, as are the brushed corozo buttons, although I will say it looks more orange on the website than IRL -- maybe just my monitor

Attachments

• IMG_4950.jpg
    IMG_4950.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4954.jpg
    IMG_4954.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 113

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe try rolling the sleeves a bit. I feel the same with the convertible collar shirts and the sleeves look like a very similar pattern. Sometimes the half sleeve works but most of the time I fold it back once.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the flared wide-leg jeans and pyjama top in tobacco. Really dig the jeans -- these will be fun to step out in once things open up again. They have a really crisp feel and the cut is retro in a good way. Sit high on the waist but aren't egregiously tight in the crotch, like some other Lemaire jeans I've tried. Am less certain on the pyjama top. I wish the arms were a little bit shorter/less billowy -- they make me feel like I'm a kid trying my dad's clothes -- although I like the way the piece looks tucked in. Breaks up some of the boxiness. Color is beautiful, as are the brushed corozo buttons, although I will say it looks more orange on the website than IRL -- maybe just my monitor
i prefer the untucked version, at least from your photos, but might be due to my unfamiliarness with that high a waist.I actually love the chill look of the untucked pic!

Pastamancer

Reaction score
i prefer the untucked version, at least from your photos, but might be due to my unfamiliarness with that high a waist.I actually love the chill look of the untucked pic!
Thanks for the feedback! I might just be getting used to the super boxy fit

blacklight

Reaction score
Looking for last season's anthracite convertible collar in a medium. PM me.

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.34.24 PM.png

Bottari

Reaction score
Found the post

Attachments

• B362EDE2-DB51-4F49-9C08-4212C3085247.png
    B362EDE2-DB51-4F49-9C08-4212C3085247.png
    498.2 KB · Views: 90

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads