• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Presale started last week, it ends on the 18th so maybe public sale starts then.
@tstormk which belted pants are you referring to? The straight leg 2 pleats or the 4 pleats?
I have two pairs of the belted 2 pleats and took a 50 in both and they both measure 17.5” in the waist. One is wool gab from a few seasons back and one is washed wool from this season. Maybe the poly blend is different.
if it’s the 4 pleats then yeah the consensus is to size up on those.

Pastamancer

Reaction score
IMG_4749.jpg

Blazer quest going strong. Trying on some stuff with F/W 2020 felted wool trousers + ankle boots
IMG_4748.jpg

Also am one step closer to going full ~ w o o d p r i n t ~ Did the belted trousers in this pattern ever go into production?

Pastamancer

Reaction score
@Pastamancer Is that the slim blazer? How did you size it?
My assumption is it’s not very slim so I ordered a large.
It's actually a vintage J. Crew blazer I just picked up for dirt cheap when looking for rough equivalents/alternatives to the Lemaire stuff. Kind of gets the job done I think! Though I'm still on the hunt

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hahaha I need to stop trying to guess what things are when I’m looking on a small ass phone screen.

so I started slow this season and didn’t really buy anything after the kimono coat and zip rollneck from the pre order and then the jersey string pants. But I’ve gone a bit nuts lately and picked up:
Wadded blouson (really dope and a definite sleeper piece)
Military wool 4 pleats
Off white ventile 4 pleats
Striped western shirt
Cub brown convertible collar shirt
Grey slim blazer
Grey suit trouser
Cub brown belted db blazer
Black Napa small croissant bag

and I just ordered the off white Chinese slippers from SS21

I’ll try and get pics when they arrive but atm only the wadded blouson is here

Pastamancer

Reaction score
Hahaha I need to stop trying to guess what things are when I’m looking on a small ass phone screen.

so I started slow this season and didn’t really buy anything after the kimono coat and zip rollneck from the pre order and then the jersey string pants. But I’ve gone a bit nuts lately and picked up:
Wadded blouson (really dope and a definite sleeper piece)
Military wool 4 pleats
Off white ventile 4 pleats
Striped western shirt
Cub brown convertible collar shirt
Grey slim blazer
Grey suit trouser
Cub brown belted db blazer
Black Napa small croissant bag

and I just ordered the off white Chinese slippers from SS21

I’ll try and get pics when they arrive but atm only the wadded blouson is here
What stands out to you about the wadded blouson? I was eyeing it but it just seems comparatively plain for their usual outerwear/blouson offerings

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s amazing unbuttoned, very blah buttoned. What I like is the wadding, which it makes it very cozy and soft.
The wash/dye treatment and colour on it which gives it almost a faded indigo colour and very soft hand. The long straight sleeves which work well left long or cuffed/folded over.
the hidden placket stash pocket.
I’ve always loved the collarless overshirts but he hasn’t done many recently, so this is a similar vibe to that and just something I don’t have in my closet. All those factors.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts on the Suit Coat? It never really looked twice at it but now find that I’m interested perhaps.

I like the rust and brown colors.

lemaire-brown-suit-coat (1).jpg
lemaire-brown-suit-coat.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The chesterfield/“new suit coat” is not his best for sure. Lapels are a bit weak and the length is too short. When it’s a basic wool or something I don’t really think they’re worthwhile especially when there’s other coats in the lineup.
With that said. I have 2 of them and love them but they are both more interesting makeups.
The hairy alpaca is an amazing fabric and changes the coat a lot, and the mastic wool belted chesterfield was a little longer and the colour+belt gives it a different vibe.
403DE89D-EEE0-40BB-B65F-A2EEBF0F013C.jpeg

5ADCEC96-ABB9-46AB-B8C8-AB24ED62859E.png

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The chesterfield/“new suit coat” is not his best for sure. Lapels are a bit weak and the length is too short. When it’s a basic wool or something I don’t really think they’re worthwhile especially when there’s other coats in the lineup.
With that said. I have 2 of them and love them but they are both more interesting makeups.
The hairy alpaca is an amazing fabric and changes the coat a lot, and the mastic wool belted chesterfield was a little longer and the colour+belt gives it a different vibe.
View attachment 1541771
View attachment 1541772
Oh yeah those two are good. And they are the same pattern as the suit coat huh? Fuzzy alpaca is great for sure. Mastic is really nice though too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads