• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

armellod.e

Reaction score
I feel like I read a while ago that he gets his boots MTM. The brown ones he's worn for the last few years look nice and well worn, more casual and less sexy than what the brand offers right now.

@Pastamancer pretty sure it's the single breasted jacket from fw19 yeah. Lemaire soft jackets are dope, I really like 3b too though. I've never sized correctly with margaret howell but I like their jackets this season.

Pastamancer

Reaction score
I feel like I read a while ago that he gets his boots MTM. The brown ones he's worn for the last few years look nice and well worn, more casual and less sexy than what the brand offers right now.

@Pastamancer pretty sure it's the single breasted jacket from fw19 yeah. Lemaire soft jackets are dope, I really like 3b too though. I've never sized correctly with margaret howell but I like their jackets this season.
Thanks for the recs! Will check them out.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah she’s one of my favourites and her blazers are great. Generally size down but sometimes I’m between the sizes from past experiences.

alright so has anybody tried this seasons Lemaire “slim blazer”?
I like the 2 button and larger lapels, but it still looks a bit wide and long for a “slim” blazer

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if it’s the same jacket from the Ssense shoot. Because I thought that was the black flannel soft jacket from years past.

41513E79-28B7-4D2D-98DB-B2ECD08ADF89.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well the runway picture is definitely 3 buttons and the soft jacket was always 2 button. But I mean maybe I was wrong this whole time and that Ssense picture is the same 3-button blazer.

tstormk

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the belted pleat pants from new the season in a size 50 (my usual trouser size) but they are a bit small in the waist. I can only really wear them at my natural waist above my belly button. Is this the intended fit? The waist on my pair measures 42cm rather than the ~44cm that a size 50 usually measures.

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the belted pleat pants from new the season in a size 50 (my usual trouser size) but they are a bit small in the waist. I can only really wear them at my natural waist above my belly button. Is this the intended fit? The waist on my pair measures 42cm rather than the ~44cm that a size 50 usually measures.
I sized up on mine after checking ssense and matches measurements for this exact reason. They are meant to be high waisted but i’m not sure about that high, if it works for you though then by all means rock it! I wear mine high waisted but they hit just a little under my belly button.

tstormk

Reaction score
I think I'll have to return them - they're definitely too small. I can't even take a deep breath when wearing them at my true waist.

It might just be the annoyance of the misleading sizing talking, but I'm a bit disappointed at the quality of the trousers as well. The finishing isn't great, and the fabric isn't really anything to write home about either. I was on the fence about the polyester blend in the first place, so I'm not sure what I expected. I guess at this price point I had just expected more.

Is this the general quality level of Lemaire or have I just gotten unlucky with this pair of trousers? I bought a pair of The Row trousers with a very similar cut and the difference in quality is huge. Obviously very different price point, but I got the The Row trousers at 50% off and with that the price is almost the same as I paid for the Lemaire trousers. What is the general consensus on Lemaire quality here? The quality of these trousers has kind of lowered my interest in getting more pieces from this brand to be completely honest.

MeatFish

Reaction score
I think I'll have to return them - they're definitely too small. I can't even take a deep breath when wearing them at my true waist.

It might just be the annoyance of the misleading sizing talking, but I'm a bit disappointed at the quality of the trousers as well. The finishing isn't great, and the fabric isn't really anything to write home about either. I was on the fence about the polyester blend in the first place, so I'm not sure what I expected. I guess at this price point I had just expected more.

Is this the general quality level of Lemaire or have I just gotten unlucky with this pair of trousers? I bought a pair of The Row trousers with a very similar cut and the difference in quality is huge. Obviously very different price point, but I got the The Row trousers at 50% off and with that the price is almost the same as I paid for the Lemaire trousers. What is the general consensus on Lemaire quality here? The quality of these trousers has kind of lowered my interest in getting more pieces from this brand to be completely honest.
Ime, Lemaire fabric choice and finishing are pretty tops. I’d put it in the same realm as a lot of The Row men’s I’ve tried, except the row cuts are inaccessible for most.
In just about every non-elastic waist Lemaire pant I’ve tried, I’ve had to size up one for a comfortable fit. For lookbooks and runways, the models are usually sized up 1 to 2 sizes for the full loungey drape.
Give the size up another shot if you want, but you also just might not like the fabric of the pant or the brand itself. No need to force yourself into liking it.

nighttimm

Reaction score

Bummer the trousers didn’t work out, but I think @MeatFish is on to something--maybe the pants (or Lemaire) simply aren’t right for you.

It’s hard to generalize quality because everyone has different expectations. Lemaire fabrics are well considered and always meet my standard of what luxury should feel like, which--combined with my cultish enthusiasm for the designs--means I’m kept satisfied.

And then there’s quality as it pertains to durability. I’ve bought Lemaire for ~8 years now and every piece has held up. But I don’t do cartwheels in my clothes and I clean/mend religiously, so take that as you will.

tstormk

Reaction score
Good to see you guys' experience have been different from mine. I love the design and general vision of the brand so it's an extra bummer for me that it doesn't meet my expectations. This isn't the first time either, I ordered a pair of the chinese slippers recently, and I sent those back because they had glue stains on the inside in multiple places.

I guess I'm just feeling a bit jaded in general in regards to the luxury market, so I'm not sure you should really mind me, if you did at all. When I have these experiences with luxury items, to me it reeks of a business trying to increase margins, especially considering the recent investment money Lemaire has received. I've had the same experience with Bottega Veneta - I really like the vision but it feels impossible to participate in without being reminded of the corporation behind it, because the opportunism and business model feels so constantly present to me in everything they do. The craftsmanship and focus on quality just isn't there to warrant the prices and image they're projecting.

The only places I've really found the quality I'm looking for is with very small businesses, and occasionally a bigger house as well. Generally, the less marketing, the better, although that's not really a useful metric. But all in all it feels very difficult to navigate to me, and not at all like a luxurious experience. And considering all the stories of how houses such as Louis Vuitton used to produce great quality items, compared with where they are today on that scale, it just feels like an industry that is ruining the foundation it was built on, which is the product.

Apologies for the rant, and for how overly dramatic I'm being about something that really isn't that important ?. I doubt anyone here really cares what I think, and I'm not so sure you should. A lot of the experiences I've had with luxury fashion lately just has me questioning what it really is I'm buying, and wondering if this really is something I want to continue participating in.

MeatFish

Reaction score
Good to see you guys' experience have been different from mine. I love the design and general vision of the brand so it's an extra bummer for me that it doesn't meet my expectations. This isn't the first time either, I ordered a pair of the chinese slippers recently, and I sent those back because they had glue stains on the inside in multiple places.

I guess I'm just feeling a bit jaded in general in regards to the luxury market, so I'm not sure you should really mind me, if you did at all. When I have these experiences with luxury items, to me it reeks of a business trying to increase margins, especially considering the recent investment money Lemaire has received. I've had the same experience with Bottega Veneta - I really like the vision but it feels impossible to participate in without being reminded of the corporation behind it, because the opportunism and business model feels so constantly present to me in everything they do. The craftsmanship and focus on quality just isn't there to warrant the prices and image they're projecting.

The only places I've really found the quality I'm looking for is with very small businesses, and occasionally a bigger house as well. Generally, the less marketing, the better, although that's not really a useful metric. But all in all it feels very difficult to navigate to me, and not at all like a luxurious experience. And considering all the stories of how houses such as Louis Vuitton used to produce great quality items, compared with where they are today on that scale, it just feels like an industry that is ruining the foundation it was built on, which is the product.

Apologies for the rant, and for how overly dramatic I'm being about something that really isn't that important ?. I doubt anyone here really cares what I think, and I'm not so sure you should. A lot of the experiences I've had with luxury fashion lately just has me questioning what it really is I'm buying, and wondering if this really something I want to continue participating in.

If it's of any value, I don't think footwear is a strong suit for Lemaire. The designs are great, but the construction and leather choices from a "Quality" standpoint aren't going to reflect the price. That said, I love my Lemaire boots cause they look sweet.

nighttimm

Reaction score

Apologies for the rant, and for how overly dramatic I'm being about something that really isn't that important ?. I doubt anyone here really cares what I think, and I'm not so sure you should. A lot of the experiences I've had with luxury fashion lately just has me questioning what it really is I'm buying, and wondering if this really is something I want to continue participating in.

I hear you 100%. And it’s good to be critical of fashion, both on a systemic and product level. Better luck next time and bless those free-returns policies ?

Last edited:

parisian_chick

Reaction score
Anybody knows when Lemaire winter sale starts? Or has it already started, but it is not for all? (like, you can get a discount only with a code or sth)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads