• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bottari

Reaction score
Went for the plain black ones. I ordered TTS, looking around seemed the best choice

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TBH that's the only reason I haven't bought a pair yet.
All the recent Jil footwear (from about a year before the Meiers took over) i've found to run a size large but something about leather socks seems like they'd be true.

Bottari

Reaction score
Yes indeed, I’m usually in between a 41 and 42, so I thought to go for the smallest.

but I’ll be able to tell you in a couple of days!

Bottari

Reaction score
Correct, that’s why I’m also confused on the sizing of Chinese slippers

Maxwellll

Reaction score
(the clothes are all AMI Alexandre Mattiussi) but I thought the Lemaire desert boot joints look real nice here

ami-alexandre-mattiussi-beige-oversized-mac-coat.jpg

armellod.e

Reaction score
The desert boots are highly underrated imo. Desert boots in general are being slept on since they're out of the cycle I guess but the toe on those makes them bang. Reminds me of an interview from years ago where Christophe said something like "I want to make Vans but more elegant"

Bottari

Reaction score
I find the suede from the season an absolute banger., but I admit, at least in my opinion, they are missing that sparkle that for example I saw in the FW19 version.
I guess, because of the crepe sole..

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually think i prefer this season without the contrast sole. But yeah the trade off is contrast vs crepe so i dunno.
If last seasons sole was tonal then that would be perfect. They're as light and soft as a crepe sole anyway.
But either way they are dope and I wear mine quite a bit.

fwiw if anybody is a 12/45 East Dane still has last seasons for cheap

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score
How do they breathe/feel? My experience with lyocell/tencel is that it doesn't breathe at all.

Bottari

Reaction score
I have to say that they’re not too bad under this aspect, but at the end it’s lyocell.

They keep you cool but not breezy tbh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads