• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bottari

Reaction score
Indigo Military Shirt and Sneakers

Attachments

• E4CD4EBC-30D6-464B-9571-65BBB7C48077.jpeg
    E4CD4EBC-30D6-464B-9571-65BBB7C48077.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 185

Bottari

Reaction score
It’s a good one indeed, I think I’ve seen one on grailed a while ago, maybe have a look.

It’s the one from last season and the fabric is a really thin and soft denim, due to the washing and indigo coloring process it has a “ oily “ texture. I’m really in love with it

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah there is/was a Large on grailed. The only place i saw an XL was Ssense.
I have the burgundy silk one in XL and like the way it fits so I don't want to size down.

Bottari

Reaction score
I see what you mean. I’m usually a medium and honestly I could have gone for a large as well

JackoDo

Reaction score
are we still into kaftans? how do we all feel about the kaftan?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Waiting for a rainy day kind of Kaftan, then, I think my outerwear would be complete.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for a rainy day kind of Kaftan, then, I think my outerwear would be complete.
Eye what’s ur outerwear collection looking like these days? I think u and I are somewhat like minded in terms of getting use out of our stuff / signature look etc etc.

Oh and Kaftans ****.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@mmmargeologist

Lambswool grey Kaftan
Owl coat
Brown Great Raincoat
Christophe Lemaire leather in dark brown
Christophe Lemaire green flight jacket
Three UU jackets

Non-Lemaire stuff:
KK Attachment leather
Eidos jacket/cardigan
18 East vest

I honestly wear the UU jackets more lately, flight jacket, and the CL leather. I find the Great Raincoat, Kaftan, and Owl coat too delicate lol. Wore those more when going to the office. Looking for a black and/or navy jacket now but want it to be more robust fabric, weather proof type.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Funny you say that, my Lemaire obsession (85% of my wardrobe is Lemaire at this point) has pivoted from the more elegant, delicate stuff in the early days (shawl collars, thin fabrics, etc.) to more workwear/military details recently. Stuff that will look good even if I give it a beating. So I've traded silks for twill, alpaca for duffle wool. Trying to be more utilitarian about what I wear - and what's great about Lemaire is they offer both sides. I've even sold off a lot of Lemaire that I own just to buy a few key pieces, but I feel like this is all part of the Lemaire ethos. Constantly refining and finding what I'll get the most use out of.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im surprised you find something like the owl delicate. i tried it and passed because it seemed too heavyweight for london winter. same with the duffel last season.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMO anything that is not meant for the outdoors or not gym clothes is delicate lol

Yes the Owl coat is pretty heavy. I think another part of it is I drive, so, long coats are sort of inconvenient I guess. I had the seams rip on my Kaftan because I sit on it during my commute. Now I layer some more and take off the coat before getting and turn on the heater as needed. The Owl coat and Kaftans are definitely cozy, which I dig immensely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads