• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bottari

Reaction score
By the way, anyone interested in a pair of rinsed denim twisted chino in 46 and black desert boots in 41?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wool maxi overshirt
Slub cotton western
Chalk denim
—— Dries derbies

93558AF2-C458-421A-950B-A1205B61956D.jpeg

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking hard at the black bootcut jeans. Anyone know if they are TTS or should I size up one?
Also, general question, do this 70s large collar shirts look silly with a normal collar jacket?
@OccultaVexillum jacket and whole fit is awesome!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Chaconne they look fine with regular jackets. I tend to layer the collar outside the jacket with the large collar shirts but you don’t need to and I’ve worn them without doing that plenty of times.
If the top few buttons are undone you don’t even really notice it.

Bottari

Reaction score
Guys, I’m looking for a pair of trousers, ample with a good tapering, possibly sturdy fabric to pair with the recent sneakers or the desert boots. Suggestions?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you looking for Lemaire pants? Or anything?
The closest thing to that is the older elasticated pants (new versions like the string pants and the pleated string pants don’t taper much).
Maybe some of the one pleats depending on season, again more likely older seasons. Newer stuff has been either a lot more volume or straighter leg.

Outside of Lemaire I’d recommend Jil Sander or Officine Generale
if you buy OG, just size up one. (I’m a 34/50 but wear 52 in OG). Particularly the Ollie, Owen and Pierre trousers although the Pierre has a low/mid rise and Owen has less taper.
Jil pants generally all have a low crotch/long rise, relaxed upper leg and varying tapers and fit true.

Last edited:

Bottari

Reaction score
Not necessarily Lemaire, but after something military inspired, good for an everyday wear.
By the way, followed your advice for the sneakers, insanely good :)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anybody is curious about the viscose knits, I just got the tobacco one.
the fabric is very nice, it has a gold thread running though it in the sun (I couldn’t capture it in the photos). The fabric itself is very dry and light, but has almost no give/stretch. its also SUPER short, and for that reason I’m returning it. I’m 6’2”/6’3” and it barely touches my waistband in an XL.
Otherwise it’s pretty true to size but not relaxed or slouchy like I was hoping based off Ssense measurements.
I’m pretty bummed out since the last 2 seasons have been huge disappointments for knitwear for me. Everything has looked really good but sizing has been awful other than the 80s vneck

7B3284CF-3957-4265-8A27-856DF181B42F.jpeg

CCF74E84-F4C5-4220-8960-4CE189D09277.jpeg

Last edited:

JackoDo

Reaction score
looking for measurements for one of the maxi coats from fw2015: does anyone have a number for shoulders, length, and sleeve?

JackoDo

Reaction score
(I ask because I left my maxi in New York before heading to Canada in light of current affairs, and am thinking of buying a women's Lemaire coat)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads