• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phrost

Reaction score
managed to buy the lemaire boots from Farfetch. Upon receiving I’m not sure if the leather should crease like this. I wonder if anyone had the same issue, or I’m just overthinking it
View attachment 1336045 View attachment 1336046 View attachment 1336047 View attachment 1336048
The way it's creasing makes it look like top grain leather. IMO if I paid $800 for those boots and they creased like that wearing them a handful of times, I'd be pissed.

View attachment 1337739 View attachment 1337740
Not really a lemairey fit, shirt untucked - I’m a mess - but here’s the leather blouson and zip boots in action.
That jacket looks way too cropped. Where does it hit on your body?

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The way it's creasing makes it look like top grain leather. IMO if I paid $800 for those boots and they creased like that wearing them a handful of times, I'd be pissed.

That jacket looks way too cropped. Where does it hit on your body?
Tbh I actually quite like the crop. I can see why others might not like it tho. It fits well in the chest and shoulders so it fits how intended.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Tbh I actually quite like the crop. I can see why others might not like it tho. It fits well in the chest and shoulders so it fits how intended.
The jacket looks good and should work well with higher rise trousers, but having the shirt untucked doesn't look so bad as well.

baklanyc

Reaction score
Guys I just want to be clear that I’m not bothered by creases when I received the boots, but the fact that leather seems to be loose grain leather, which I wasn’t expecting on a $800 retail boots, yes I understand I’m buying into the design, but there are designer patent leather/shiny boots that I own that doesn’t have the loose grain pattern/crease and still having a normal leather crease. Anyways, I just wanted to know if it happened on other member who purchased the boots as well.
Thank you.
It's a great silhouette and honestly probably the best heel on the market that season. But I get you about the creasing. Mine creased just after trying them on, and when I was still on the fence about them, I thought I wouldn't be able to return them because they no longer looked pristine enough to return.

Anyhow, I don't think Lemaire has a great track record with shoes. I've found the fit and make of many Lemaire shoe styles to be iffy—I've bought and returned at least 8 pairs through the years. I remember a friend who got the soft slip-ons from several years back, a pair I loved but I couldn't justify buying because it fit oddly on me and the leather didn't look like it would last. True enough, within a season my friend's shoes looked like they'd been worn out over a decade. But these boots so far are doing okay.

yunBW

Reaction score
It's a great silhouette and honestly probably the best heel on the market that season. But I get you about the creasing. Mine creased just after trying them on, and when I was still on the fence about them, I thought I wouldn't be able to return them because they no longer looked pristine enough to return.

Anyhow, I don't think Lemaire has a great track record with shoes. I've found the fit and make of many Lemaire shoe styles to be iffy—I've bought and returned at least 8 pairs through the years. I remember a friend who got the soft slip-ons from several years back, a pair I loved but I couldn't justify buying because it fit oddly on me and the leather didn't look like it would last. True enough, within a season my friend's shoes looked like they'd been worn out over a decade. But these boots so far are doing okay.
thanks

I do agree with your opinion on the heels, which is the reason I bought it

I wasn’t sure what I should expect for lemaire footwear as it’s my first pair and usually designer footwear +$500 tend to have a decent leather, soI had that expectations. I would still wear them just wanted to make sure if this quality was “normal”

cafedandy

Reaction score
I do find the ones they have in collaboration with known shoe brands to be better ones in terms of build most of the time, such as Paraboot, Clarks, Sanders and Veja. I tried pairs in the past and quality can be a hit of miss for most mainline pairs. It is indeed more of the design, silhouette and brand that you buy as was mentioned. But in any case, you can still enjoy that pair for sure.

Theradiohero

Reaction score
While we’re on the topic of shoes, I was looking to pick up a pair of desert boots but I’m unsure about sizing. TTS?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If they fit the same as last season then they’re a bit short. I went true to size, and it’s fine with thin socks. But if you’re a half size then go up and they’d be perfect.
I’m a 12/45 and bought the 45, but if a 45.5 existed I think that would be perfect.

Theradiohero

Reaction score
If they fit the same as last season then they’re a bit short. I went true to size, and it’s fine with thin socks. But if you’re a half size then go up and they’d be perfect.
I’m a 12/45 and bought the 45, but if a 45.5 existed I think that would be perfect.
Hm ok. I’m actually getting a pair from last season so that’s good to know. I’m normally size 42 which is sold out everywhere I’ve looked but I have seen 43s floating around so I’ll give it a shot! Free returns can do no harm. Thanks for the advice!

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance someone picked up the multicolored midnight navy wool chesterfield from this past season?

00030-lemaire-menswear-paris-fall-19.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads