• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice write up @Octopus72 , glad you enjoyed yourself. So it sounds like the slimmer theme for pants (and everything in general) is carrying over and we need to size up to maintain the older Lemaire volume?

Did you happen to notice if they still have older season stock? I was trying to get one of the white/ivory silk point collar shirts from last season, I know they had a 52 left. But I can never get a reply from their CS email and when I've tried to call they always say they'll take my details and have somebody email me (due to the language barrier), but that hasn't happened either.

Octopus72

Reaction score
Nice write up @Octopus72 , glad you enjoyed yourself. So it sounds like the slimmer theme for pants (and everything in general) is carrying over and we need to size up to maintain the older Lemaire volume?

Did you happen to notice if they still have older season stock? I was trying to get one of the white/ivory silk point collar shirts from last season, I know they had a 52 left. But I can never get a reply from their CS email and when I've tried to call they always say they'll take my details and have somebody email me (due to the language barrier), but that hasn't happened either.
Thanks @OccultaVexillum

Re sizing up, I think it's a topical issue as I especially felt that in the pants I tried on (though the barathea one pleats I got were just fine in my regular size) and while the parka needed sizing one up, the jacket I got was just perfect in my usual size 48.

Re stock, I'm not really sure but it didn't really feel like it and they held a stock sale a few months ago(a braderie announced on the Facebook page if I remember it correctly). If I can find the time to go in again tomorrow I'll ask though

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks man; much appreciated.
Are the silk shirts you're talking about for this season the "viscose" one?
Did you happen to try on any of the chinos?
And, did you see the self-belted trousers with the adjustable hem? I'm wondering if there's still more pieces to be delivered to shops since I haven't seen them anywhere and I know at least a few stores ordered them.

IMG_1285.JPG

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ordered those pants and yet to see them anywhere... gulp

Octopus72

Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum, to answer your questions:

The shirts I was talking about are the viscose. As I said, a nice weight and body to the twill;

There were no chinos hanging and the sales staff didn't bring anything out of storage other than different sizes of the items I wanted to try on;

I specifically asked about the pants you're waiting to drop and they aren't in stock or known of for that matter... However I did have a second look at the items hanging and it seemed to me that they had brought out a couple of pique pieces that I didn't recall from the previous day, specifically a t-shirt and a v-neck shirt both in black. The pique felt terrific to the touch and the eye, beautifully textured and substantial while remaining airy and breathable. That said I didn't try them on and they're not to be found on the online shop which prompted a little search that resulted in adding one more stockist to the European list, this one located in Zurich:
https://theapartmentstore.ch/portfolio/lemaire/

Finally, they don't keep previous seasons stock at the shop at all. As I told you before, they hold the braderie once a year to sell the leftover stock and that's the only chance you get of buying anything that's not current season (other than yoox and the secondary market of course). I remember seeing the braderie announced on (I think) the Facebook page but unfortunately couldn't make it to Paris, but of course if I happened to come to the next I'd be willing to proxy

Hope that helps and don't give up on those pants just yet, though it is getting late in the season for another drop...

JackoDo

Reaction score
hey guys -- can anyone confirm validity on the lemaire blouson on grailed right now?

Benjaminba

Reaction score
Nice hearing about your trip to the store @Octopus72

Got the forest green suit pants and v-neck shirt coming in soon. Pretty excited about that. Will try to take a fit pic.

HecticLad

Reaction score
hey guys -- can anyone confirm validity on the lemaire blouson on grailed right now?
its more than likely that no one out there is making lemaire fakes, but link the one in question and should be able to tell you.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody tried one of the 3 pocket shirts?
I've been waiting for a 54 to show up at Totokaelo or matches so I could size up but it doesn't look like they were made in a 54.
Not sure if It's worth going TTS or if these ones do fit more relaxed

John-Galt

Reaction score
Like the pocket tee? I tried one on and found the chest slim. For reference I tried on a medium and it was wearable and take 48 in recent Lemaire shirting

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No the button up with the chest pocket and two side pockets. Official name is "three pocket shirt".
chemise-trois-poches.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads