• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

franspambot

Reaction score
Has anyone ever machine washed any cotton Lemaire pieces? The tags state Professional Dry Clean but I am wondering if a gentle launder would be OK.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've washed poplin and chambray elastic pants that are both 100% cotton. Cold and line dry. No issues.
And then a lot of cotton/linen one pleats in the same way also with no issues.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gettoasty how did those white denim work out for you? Are they as true white as Ssense and Barneys have them or more beige? And is it a relaxed cut?
Thanks

baklanyc

Reaction score
The show was okay, I think. My favorite piece? The pants Christophe himself was wearing when he went to take his bow with his partner. I'm not sure what those high-waisted slim fit pants are, if they're from his recent collection. None of the model shots seem to fit that way, although it could just be the angle...

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love those sneakers he's wearing. I regret hesitating on the white hi tops so much

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@gettoasty how did those white denim work out for you? Are they as true white as Ssense and Barneys have them or more beige? And is it a relaxed cut?
Thanks

I actuallly picked up the white Elasticated Waist pants during Carson Street sale. Havent tried it on yet but looks nice. More white than pale.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked up the blue denim first but decided to return because 1) it fits small and 2) I'm not a big fan of jeans nowadays

i great alternative is this seasons indigo chambray Elasticated Waist pants...excellent!

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i great alternative is this seasons indigo chambray Elasticated Waist pants...excellent!

Do you have those?
I have been looking at them but wondered what to pair them with. To me the fabric seemed to make it difficult for some reason. Not really a big fan of chambray, but then again my experience with the fabric only covers the typical kind of mid blue chambray shirts.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had the same thought when I read chambray but the deep indigo color is excellent. Would be my go to alternative for wearing jeans basically. And I like the overall shape, mid to high rise, comfortable seat and not too severe taper. It's perfect with sneakers or loafers.

JackoDo

Reaction score
In your guys' experience, do lemaire trousers fit TTS? I purchased a pair of the navy wide leg ones, and found the waist to be quite large. I'm a 46, though i must size down for this particular pant. The reason I ask is because I preordered a pair of the one pleats for this fall season, and am now worried they'll be too large on the waist. Thoughts?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In your guys' experience, do lemaire trousers fit TTS? I purchased a pair of the navy wide leg ones, and found the waist to be quite large. I'm a 46, though i must size down for this particular pant. The reason I ask is because I preordered a pair of the one pleats for this fall season, and am now worried they'll be too large on the waist. Thoughts? 

My waist at the hips measures 34", natural waist higher up is 32". Normal rise pants I usually wear size 50. In the lemaire one pleats a size 48 was correct for me and I wear them higher on the waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads